Heiken Ashi

Hi,

I have been reading about the indicator and confused as how to call the indicator correctly. 

I have seen the first instance (below)  but not sure the significance of the colors

The second statement appears to work fine (i is the shift).

Heiken Ashi is the spelling I use and reflect the indicator supplied with MT4

double haOpen = iCustom(NULL,0,"HeikenwAshi",Red,White,Red,White,2,1);

or 

double haOpen = iCustom(Symbol(), Period() ,"Heiken Ashi",2 , i);

Peter Williams:

Hi,

I have been reading about the indicator and confused as how to call the indicator correctly. 

I have seen the first instance (below)  but not sure the significance of the colors

Did you try?

What was the result?

Peter Williams:

1. You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
              Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum #33 2017.05.23

2. double haOpen = iCustom(NULL,0,"HeikenwAshi",Red,White,Red,White,2,1);
    No, you haven't. The name is spelled wrong. The colors have no effect.

3. Yes, depending on whether you want the third buffer (the open) or not. You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
              take candle color hekin ashi - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 #8 or #1 2018.02.21

4. No, that is not the spelling you used. See № 2.

In future please post in the correct section
I will move this topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

I guessed the spelling was wrong - that was the example I had seen with the colors.

Keith - apologies I thought this was the appropriate section.

William - thanks as always.  Have read you reference to encapsulation previously --- I'll try again.

Thanks

Reason: