Updated Windows, all purchases invalidated, using up activiations to re-download

I updated Windows 10 to Feature update version 2004. After restarting, none of my indicators or EA's were working. In the terminal journal, repeated errors about failure to load indicators and ea's. In the expert tab, I noticed invalid license errors. On searching the forums, I learned I need to re-download ALL my previously purchased and downloaded indicators, utilities and ea's. This is very cumbersome and time-consuming. Also, it decreases the number of remaining purchased product activations, for no reason. The support chat bot is useless on this.

How do I get the number of product activations reduced please? There does not appear to be a selection for this in raising a support/service desk ticket.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Need Support

Sergey Golubev, 2020.05.31 14:42

I do not think it is possiblke to correct the licenses - because every license is per computer/hardware + OS/software.
But some big updates for Windows 10 looks like new OS/software, and that is why the licenses/activation were deducted.

dollarbill100:

I updated Windows 10 to Feature update version 2004. After restarting, none of my indicators or EA's were working. In the terminal journal, repeated errors about failure to load indicators and ea's. In the expert tab, I noticed invalid license errors. On searching the forums, I learned I need to re-download ALL my previously purchased and downloaded indicators, utilities and ea's. This is very cumbersome and time-consuming. Also, it decreases the number of remaining purchased product activations, for no reason. The support chat bot is useless on this.

How do I get the number of product activations reduced please? There does not appear to be a selection for this in raising a support/service desk ticket.

This is all normal, a new activation is needed after every major windows upgrade.

Usually MQL5 credits one axtra activation, after major universal windows upgrades, but not for upgrades or computer formats you are doing yourself.

dollarbill100:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/343011

Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) released - activations for purchased Market products added
Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) released - activations for purchased Market products added
  • www.mql5.com
On May 27, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system — Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004...
Reason: