Signals re-entering closed positions

I subscribe to signal X with options set as follows:

Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels: TRUE

Synchronize positions without confirmations: FALSE 

Deviation/Slippage: 1.0

With the above settings I would expect a position that was opened in my account by signal X, that subsequently hits the Take Profit level and closes, to remain closed.

However, if the trade hits the Take Profit in the subscriber's account but not the provider's (eg due to slightly different quotes at different brokers), it seems to re-enter the position automatically in the subscriber's account soon after closing.  At least that is what happened to me a couple of days ago.  Is that expected behaviour?  It's certainly not desirable behaviour.

I also found that if I manually close a trade that's in profit, the signal automatically re-enters the position without first confirming whether it should do this.  I could understand that it might re-enter automatically once the market price returned to a favorable level (matching the entry price of the provider's trade), but it doesn't wait for this.  It just re-enters straight away at an entry price that is potentially much worse than than the provider's entry price.

Is this likely to be fixed in the near future?

Thanks in advance ... 

nice1:

I subscribe to signal X with options set as follows:

Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels: TRUE

Synchronize positions without confirmations: FALSE 

Deviation/Slippage: 1.0

With the above settings I would expect a position that was opened in my account by signal X, that subsequently hits the Take Profit level and closes, to remain closed.

However, if the trade hits the Take Profit in the subscriber's account but not the provider's (eg due to slightly different quotes at different brokers), it seems to re-enter the position automatically in the subscriber's account soon after closing.  At least that is what happened to me a couple of days ago.  Is that expected behaviour?  It's certainly not desirable behaviour.

I also found that if I manually close a trade that's in profit, the signal automatically re-enters the position without first confirming whether it should do this.  I could understand that it might re-enter automatically once the market price returned to a favorable level (matching the entry price of the provider's trade), but it doesn't wait for this.  It just re-enters straight away at an entry price that is potentially much worse than than the provider's entry price.

Is this likely to be fixed in the near future?

Thanks in advance ... 

If you are sure of that, please report it to the ServiceDesk.

according to my experience & understanding, this is expected behaviour.

the TP & SL copy serves as protection in case of losing connection and sync, and it can result in consequences you've experienced. to avoid this, you should be using same broker as signal provider or a reliable VPS based copying terminal without TP&SL copy.

you are not allowed/supposed to touch the account which is used for signal copy, hence the reopening of manually closed positions.

however, angevoyageur thinks this is not expected behaviour, so you should check another opinion as well as documentation.

graziani:

according to my experience & understanding, this is expected behaviour.

the TP & SL copy serves as protection in case of losing connection and sync, and it can result in consequences you've experienced. to avoid this, you should be using same broker as signal provider or a reliable VPS based copying terminal without TP&SL copy.

you are not allowed/supposed to touch the account which is used for signal copy, hence the reopening of manually closed positions.

however, angevoyageur thinks this is not expected behaviour, so you should check another opinion as well as documentation.

It seems to me it's weird behaviour, however I am not sure if it's expected or not, as it's not me who decide, so my advice is to talk to Metaquotes directly.

This still occurs in 2019. If your position hits SL or TP and the providers does not, then bad luck, a new position will be opened in seconds and most likely at the worst possible price. The only way to avoid this to not copy SL and TP... and don't think you can protect your capital with "stop if equity is less than xxx". When the low equity level is hit, all your positions will be closed as expected, but a whole new bunch of positions will be opened up to replace them. The only way I can think of to protect your capital is to only keep a small amount in your copy account and use the duplicator to make up the difference in lot sizes. i.e. Reduce your account balance by 80% and open an extra position of 4x the initial position opened by the provider. You'll have to decide how much capital you're willing to risk, but at least if it is not in there you can't lose it. If MQL5 has known about this problem for 5 years or so and still haven't fixed it, it's unlikely they ever will.

If the signal is using 100% automated trading (EA)  its is possible that all re entry open position according the trend rules , entry rules & exit rules  by the EA good to ask the provider.
Reason: