Discussion of article "Applying network functions, or MySQL without DLL: Part I - Connector"

New article Applying network functions, or MySQL without DLL: Part I - Connector has been published:

MetaTrader 5 has received network functions recently. This opened up great opportunities for programmers developing products for the Market. Now they can implement things that required dynamic libraries before. In this article, we will consider them using the implementation of the MySQL as an example.

About a year ago, MQL5 network functions were replenished with functions for working with sockets. This opened up great opportunities for programmers developing products for the Market. Now they can implement things that required dynamic libraries before. We will consider one of such examples in this series of two articles. In the first article, I am going to consider the MySQL connector principles, while in the second one, I will develop the simplest applications using the connector, namely the service for collecting properties of signals available in the terminal and the program for viewing their changes over time (see Fig. 1).

The program for viewing changes in signal properties within a certain time

Author: Serhii Shevchuk

Hello! Thank you very much for an article, hope parts II,III, e.t.c will follow

After successful compilation on MT5 and running the script I am continuously getting the ERROR 4014 which is, I have tried to allo DLLs ,but seems those are not necessary for this project. What should I try to do, to make it running.

Would appreciiate your reply.

ERR_FUNCTION_NOT_ALLOWED

Системная функция не разрешена для вызова

Kind regards,

Andrej

After registering on the website, I tried to run the script with https://dev.mysql.com/doc/index-other.html instead of the IP address, in this case I get.

ERR_NETSOCKET_CANNOT_CONNECT

Ошибка соединения с удаленным хостом

Seems it tries to connect, this I can say due to a bit of delay before I get the error.

JansO:

Hello! Thank you very much for an article, hope parts II,III, e.t.c will follow

After successful compilation on MT5 and running the script I am continuously getting the ERROR 4014 which is, I have tried to allo DLLs ,but seems those are not necessary for this project. What should I try to do, to make it running.

Would appreciiate your reply.

ERR_FUNCTION_NOT_ALLOWED

Системная функция не разрешена для вызова

Kind regards,

Andrej

You should probably insert the desired IP on the "Allowed servers list".

Very Good Article, Thank you!

Great article but it looks like not all functions are implemented or the buid 3550  already changes some features
  m_id       =m_wnd.LastId()+1;
   m_chart_id =m_wnd.ChartId();
   m_subwin   =m_wnd.SubwindowNumber();
   m_corner   =(ENUM_BASE_CORNER)m_wnd.Corner();
   m_anchor   =(ENUM_ANCHOR_POINT)m_wnd.Anchor();

'LastId' - undeclared identifier        Element.mqh     841     22
')' - expression expected       Element.mqh     841     29
'ChartId' - undeclared identifier       Element.mqh     842     22
')' - expression expected       Element.mqh     842     30
'SubwindowNumber' - undeclared identifier       Element.mqh     843     22
')' - expression expected       Element.mqh     843     38
'Corner' - undeclared identifier        Element.mqh     844     40