signal following

HI, I got a question. I'm following a signal with my demo account, exactly the same broker as the signal provider etc. but when my signal provider makes a trade with 0.02 volume my own system makes only a trade with 0.01 volume how is that possible?

thank you!

and I got more balance in my account than my signal provider so that would not be the problem I assume

PEPPER PIERRE HERMAN:

HI, I got a question. I'm following a signal with my demo account, exactly the same broker as the signal provider etc. but when my signal provider makes a trade with 0.02 volume my own system makes only a trade with 0.01 volume how is that possible?

thank you!

The lot size is calculated automatically and proportionally to your account's balance, leverage and currency.

In other words if you are using a smaller account, you will copy with a smaller lot size.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The lot size is calculated automatically and proportionally to your account's balance, leverage and currency.

In other words if you are using a smaller account, you will copy with a smaller lot size.

But I got more balance than my signal provider

PEPPER PIERRE HERMAN:

But I got more balance than my signal provider

Did you read my full answer?

Do you have the same or higher leverage and/or currency?

If yes, then you've put a smaller than the maximum 95% participation rate in signal settings.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Did you read my full answer?

Do you have the same or higher leverage and/or currency?

I got 1:100 he got 1:400 and we use the samy currency. could the difference in leverage be the problem?

PEPPER PIERRE HERMAN:

I got 1:100 he got 1:400 and we use the samy currency. could the difference in leverage be the problem?

Of course, you are using 4 times lower leverage, than means that you have 4 times less margin/buying power.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Of course, you are using 4 times lower leverage, than means that you have 4 times less margin/buying power.

So if I make a demo account with the same leverage as him I will copy the exact trades? ( volume )

Reason: