I bought one product in mql5 and I want to refund, my money back - page 2

SkystheLimit 986:

It looks like there are scammers out there who found a way to make an EA fake backtests,

and then it trades differently live.

Also, it should not be allowed that developers reward buyers for good reviews with additional products,

therefore such scams are able to be continued over weeks and months!

Some EAs may backtest differently compare with trading, and it is related to trading platform (MT4 or MT5) and how those EAs were coded by the sellers.
So, it is not a scam.

• If you bought EA from your relative, or from your friends, or from the persons who are always on the forum for the long time - so you will receive the help and explanation.
  • If you bought EA from anyone so it is your risk, and your risk should be spreaded to the community.

It is financial mql5 portal, and no one trust anyone and no one believe in anything.
But there are some users who are buying anything from anyone and do not care about their money, and after their mistake - they are trying to turn their risk to all of us. So, we all should be against those kind of guys who are turning their personal mistakes/risks to the people/company which have nothing to do with it.

Allan Haraldsson:

I bought a expert advisor, week ago, and it s not what it shows in the test

the developer tried to send me a different EA, to try to compensate the terrible EA I bought.

But It s not what I was looking in the first place. 

So it s simple, I have been chatting with the developer, if the EA is not working properly ,  I just want my money back I don't want any other EA. 

and he refused to give me my money back , he is just trying to give me another EA, to remediate the one I bought from the market

Does anyone could help me,  how Can I present a complain about this?

When dealing with EAs or Indicators you must accept the risk before buying. Very sorry to say to you that there is no refund on mql5 purchased products

mahdi rashidzadeh:

By doing so, you are violating the rights of buyers and supporting corrupt sellers!

No one violates the buyer’s rights. First you must read the rules before you intend to do anything. Above all There is no guarantee of success in buying EAs. 

SkystheLimit 986:

It looks like there are scammers out there who found a way to make an EA fake backtests,

Also, it should not be allowed that developers reward buyers for good reviews with additional products,

Firstly, a buyer is advised to always test a product in demo before buying it. And if the buy is not satisfied with 7 days, the buyer should quickly alert the Service Desk before the us released to the Seller.

Secondly, I totally support the disallowance of offering additional products by the Sellers.

SkystheLimit 986:

A lot depends on what you mean by faking backtests (I'm a purchaser, and not a developer).

Lots of EAs here and elsehwere are actually overly optmized.

For instance, the developer found that over a 17 year backtesting period, and the EA trades really actively, only two major crashes happened; and coincidentally, they happened due to trades taken on the 15th of May and 28th of November, on two different years.

It is relatively easy for the developer to introduce a new condition that the EA does NOT trade on such dates on any year.

Suddenly the backtests look beautiful and no crashes seen.

Given the hundreds or thousands of entries in your strategy report, you won't notice this either.

Now, Is that a fake EA or backtest then?  Or is it the EA being overly optimized?

In general the back testing functionality gives almost no indication if an EA is profitable on a live account or not.
It would be a huge benifit if we could not just test EAs in the backtesting but also on demo accounts. This is easy to program into the EA.

Why EAs testing is restricted to backtesting and demo usage is not allowed on the mql5 platform?

Probably because there wouldn't be so many purchases in the end...

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Account Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Achim Struve:

In general the back testing functionality gives almost no indication if an EA is profitable on a live account or not.
It would be a huge benifit if we could not just test EAs in the backtesting but also on demo accounts. This is easy to program into the EA.

Why EAs testing is restricted to backtesting and demo usage is not allowed on the mql5 platform?

Probably because there wouldn't be so much purchases in the end...

The problem with this is that any competent programmer can code an EA to copy trades from the demo account to another platform with a live account on the same computer.

Nobody would ever buy the EA, they will just copy it.

Keith Watford:

The problem with this is that any competent programmer can code an EA to copy trades from the demo account to another platform with a live account on the same computer.

Nobody would ever buy the EA, they will just copy it.

That is true. A possible solution would be a demo version, which is available on a demo account just for a limited time. To prevent people from downloading the demo EA again and again, there could additionally be a limit on the maximum allowed demo account version downloads. For example like this:

EA buy (lifetime): $250
EA rent / month: $50
EA demo rental / month: 1 download left (Free)
EA demo backtest: Free

People would probably start to open a new mql5 account every month to overcome this limitation, but it could be an option for sellers at least.
Moreover Mql5 could allow the demo rental just for verified accounts to solve that problem.

More verified accounts could help to increase the quality of the whole mql5 community as well.

There are tons of rubbish EAs in the mql5 market to be honest and so many people have already been betrayed.

The approach could likewise help to increase the quality of the market as a whole and bring better long term reputation.

well.  buyer rules ok. 

but is also true that if I buy a EA, and then the EA is removed from market.  something should be done.

plus, during purchase on mql5,  my card get used also for another transaction "GIFT DNIPRO UA"

I should call my credit card and ask for a chargeback

Allan Haraldsson:

I bought a expert advisor, week ago, and it s not what it shows in the test

the developer tried to send me a different EA, to try to compensate the terrible EA I bought.

But It s not what I was looking in the first place. 

So it s simple, I have been chatting with the developer, if the EA is not working properly ,  I just want my money back I don't want any other EA. 

and he refused to give me my money back , he is just trying to give me another EA, to remediate the one I bought from the market

Does anyone could help me,  how Can I present a complain about this?

Hi Allan,

sorry about that, I also bought an EA and the seller doesn't want to give me my money back....

I tried to explain to MQL5, but I didn't get my money back

So just a tip for next time, don't buy until you know a bit about the seller, or download the demo.

Reason: