Trading with renko.

Hello. First of all sorry for my english it's not my native lenguage.

I've been searching for renko charting, renko EA, scripts, and a lot of information and i'm not capable of finding two things: the first one a live renko chart that works with and EA, and a trustworthy EA backtesting for renko.

I already made the EA but the big problem starts with the backtesting (i already have the tick data for the currency i want to test on it).

Any information, or knowledge is welcome.

Sharanla:

I've been searching for renko charting, renko EA, scripts, and a lot of information and i'm not capable of finding two things: the first one a live renko chart that works with and EA, and a trustworthy EA backtesting for renko.

I already made the EA but the big problem starts with the backtesting (i already have the tick data for the currency i want to test on it).

I don't think it's possible to backtest Renko

SIMONE MARELLI:

I don't think it's possible to backtest Renko

yes you CAN backtest on renko, but you need to create history HST files that are renko.

I'm not sure how to do that.

another way would be to integrate renko inside your EA/Indi

also you'll need MT5 because MT4 can't read tick data inside a candle (in an indicator), so the renkos will be wrong

Jean Francois Le Bas:

yes you CAN backtest on renko, but you need to create history HST files that are renko.

I'm not sure how to do that.

another way would be to integrate renko inside your EA/Indi

also you'll need MT5 because MT4 can't read tick data inside a candle (in an indicator), so the renkos will be wrong

I have made a Renko EA, for live trading you need to create first the renko charts, next add ea there. For backtest honestly i dont know

SIMONE MARELLI:

I have made a Renko EA, for live trading you need to create first the renko charts, next add ea there. For backtest honestly i dont know

So, with backtest out of the spectrum of posibilities y will try to do it on demo, it will be far slower but at least reliable. Any recomendation on live renko charting?

Sharanla:

Hi there, I do not understand your problem.
Just set "all ticks mode" on your back test and renko will be built step by step as it is live.
There are many renko charts, free, trial and prepaid.... 

Marco Montemari:

Hi there, I do not understand your problem.
Just set "all ticks mode" on your back test and renko will be built step by step as it is live.
There are many renko charts, free, trial and prepaid.... 

The problem i'm getting is that most of the renko charting that i found is either for offline purposes or it dosn't work alongside with my EA because they are EA themselves.

So what i'm actually searching now is live renko charting to try on demo my EA's.

Sharanla:

The problem i'm getting is that most of the renko charting that i found is either for offline purposes or it dosn't work alongside with my EA because they are EA themselves.

So what i'm actually searching now is live renko charting to try on demo my EA's.

Check some conversation about RENKO in the forum, you can find many useful resources. 

I am sure you can find

SIMONE MARELLI:

What do you use for live trading with renko? I mean the program for the charting.

Sharanla:

What do you use for live trading with renko? I mean the program for the charting.

I have a renko candle generator, next i attach an ea to the renko charts and i let it work

It's a visualization technique.

Suppose a brick is 25 pips and you enter at two bricks in the same direction then that's a buy or sell signal 50 pips from your starting point.

It will draw two nice same size and same color bricks, but 50 pips is 50 pips with or without Renko so you do not need the bricks in an EA the bricks are for the eye only to make it look good.

You can stick a formula one sticker on your car to make it look fast but in reality it won't be any faster it will be the same as before but it could look faster.

It's kinda deceptive because there will be people who will think that it is faster due too the looks of it, and that same principle goes for the nice Renko charts, some believe it could magically generate unlimited profits from those perfect looking trends.

So you only need to apply the calculations you do not need the bricks or even a chart, at all.

Reason: