Is there a way to backtest an EA that is applied on a generated Renko chart?

I want to see if this EA i have is profitable using historical data, but as i know there is no way to do as the EA has to be applied on a Renko chart.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks 

Yes you can. The idea is to generate a hst-file with renko (using your preferred tools) and then replace standard hst-file generated for tester with it. There is a script which does this for you, but I'm not sure it's available in English part of the site, this is why I'm posting the link to the Russian.

Hi

Hi Stanislav Korotky,

I wished from past many days to test my ea on renko but never knew its possible.

Please let me know step by step as I am not so familiar to scripts .

I would be great if I could backtest .

thank u please help

jyothsnachevuru:

I wished from past many days to test my ea on renko but never knew its possible.

Please let me know step by step as I am not so familiar to scripts .

Well, this is a long story. I'd suggest you to check existing discussions on this topic and similar ones (backtesting with renko, backtesting on generated history, backtesting on real ticks - they are all related to the method how provide your custom data for the tester). For example, you may start at this source code (and follow links to referenced documents (can be partially in Russian, sorry)) or this thread.

Please note, this is all about MT4. For MT5 you probably can try some paid products (no ads here) generating custom charts (based on hst/fxt files, which can contain prepared renko), but I did not check how they work in the tester. This will require you to adjust your EA.

How to ACCURATLY BackTest EAs on offline chart like renko, rangebars? (Ash) - MQL4 forum
How to ACCURATLY BackTest EAs on offline chart like renko, rangebars? (Ash) - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
Reason: