problems in MT4

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. I started trading using MT4 recently. I'm facing some weird issues.

Current price in chart and price in order panel are not matching, this is creating issues like though I can book profits as per charts I can not since price in order panel

are not getting updated properly. Does anyone faced this issue earlier or fixed it? Below is the the screenshot.

Thanks, Raghu

Files:

raghu4134:

Current price in chart and price in order panel are not matching, this is creating issues like though I can book profits as per charts I can not since price in order panel

You have a sell order, therefore the close price is Ask. The chart is bid prices.

It is inadvisable to trade Gold at the moment due to the very high spreads.

Keith Watford:

You have a sell order, therefore the close price is Ask. The chart is bid prices.

It is inadvisable to trade Gold at the moment due to the very high spreads.

@Keith Watford, thanks for clarifying. It really helped me.

Most brokers with variable spread widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes. My GBPJPY (OANDA) shows average spread = 26 points, but average maximum spread = 134. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is, Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.
Reason: