• Get access

copy trading from a signal : the copied trades are the same lot sizes but the source trades are not!

To add comments, please log in or register
Climb65
Climb65  

Hello,

I have a big problem : I'm using the copy trading service. From the trader I selected, many source trades have different lot sizes. Some profit trades use a higher lot sizes so they can compensate other losing trades using a smaller lot sizes. Unfortunately, on my account, all those trades are using the same lot sizes. So gains do not compensate losses. How is that possible?

Juvenille Emperor Limited
Eleni Anna Branou  
Climb65:

Hello,

I have a big problem : I'm using the copy trading service. From the trader I selected, many source trades have different lot sizes. Some profit trades use a higher lot sizes so they can compensate other losing trades using a smaller lot sizes. Unfortunately, on my account, all those trades are using the same lot sizes. So gains do not compensate losses. How is that possible?

You are using a smaller account, so all your trades are copied at the minimum possible lot size which is 0.01.

In order to copy the signal's trades proportionally you should increase your balance.

Climb65
Climb65  
Eleni Anna Branou:

You are using a smaller account, so all your trades are copied at the minimum possible lot size which is 0.01.

In order to copy the signal's trades proportionally you should increase your balance.

My lot sizes I'm talking about are all 0.10, not 0.01.

So the trader may have 4.39, 2.60 and 1.18, on my side those trades are all 0.10. How do you explain that? Or is that possible that the minimum lot size might be 0.10?

Juvenille Emperor Limited
Eleni Anna Branou  
Climb65:

My lot sizes I'm talking about are all 0.10, not 0.01.

So the trader may have 4.39, 2.60 and 1.18, on my side those trades are all 0.10. How do you explain that? Or is that possible that the minimum lot size might be 0.10?

That's because the minimum lot size for your account is 0.10.

You should open a new account with 0.01 minimum lot size or use another broker.

In either case, contact your broker.

If you need to transfer your signal subscription to another trading account click here: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions

To add comments, please log in or register