windows 10, update

After today's update, windows 10, all EA that I bought in the market are not active. 

I need to remove them from MT4 and install again, but then activation is lost.

Is there any way to fix this? without loss of activation, given that some EA is no longer for sale in market, I do not want to lose their activation.

Activation is provided per OS and per hardware.
It means: 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System, for example - with Windows 8.1).

But some Windows 10 updates look like the other OS installed, and that is why the additional activation is needed.
It can not be fixed sorry.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Make sure that nothing flies after updating Windows 10!

Renat Fatkhullin , 2017.05.13 20:13

Here the question must be asked to Microsoft - why does Microsoft put every major update as a new OS. And Microsoft puts it as a new, just look at the residual Windows, old directories and a bunch of other garbage.

Some fanatic does it for them, killing licensing systems of tens of thousands of programs around the world. Yes, it certainly kills - no need to watch a special case of your computer.

Olga Snizhko:

After today's update, windows 10, all EA that I bought in the market are not active. 

I need to remove them from MT4 and install again, but then activation is lost.

Is there any way to fix this? without loss of activation, given that some EA is no longer for sale in market, I do not want to lose their activation.

Metaquotes usually credits one extra activation for all MQL5 Market purchases, after each major universal windows upgrade.

Sergey Golubev:

Activation is provided per OS and per hardware.
It means: 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System, for example - with Windows 8.1).

But some Windows 10 updates look like the other OS installed, and that is why the additional activation is needed.
It can not be fixed sorry.

Such loss of activation/ licenses never happens with other software applications. That simply means, there is a room for continual improvement with how Metatrader licensing is handled as on today. It can simply changed to "Total number of activations that can be present at a time. This approach is latest, reduce resources usage on meta-quotes network etc.... Also it will no longer be OS dependent. And also it is not a big thing for Metaquotes to implement if they decide so.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Metaquotes usually credits one extra activation for all MQL5 Market purchases, after each major universal windows upgrade.

How does one ask Metaquotes for one extra credit due to windows upgrade please?

drucacc:

How does one ask Metaquotes for one extra credit due to windows upgrade please?

This happens automatically in a universal way for all MQL5 members, not individually.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This happens automatically in a universal way for all MQL5 members, not individually.

After upgrading Win10 today, all my MQL5 market EAs disabled, configuration lost and I had to reinstall them, then I noticed activation counter decreased by one for all of them. I hope MQL5 admin resolve this issue because till now nothin happens.

I think MQL5 should think another way to manage activations. I have lost a lot of time for this issue.

I don't want to resume last Win10 version for security reasons.

I really hope MQL5 staff will resume activations soon.

Reason: