mql4 or mql5? - page 2

MQL5 of course. Its  have  more opportunities

I learnt mql5 in four months. By the end of this period, I  had tested very many strategies and methods and was definitely better in trading and making EAs. I wanted to learn mql4 but discovered that it's updates will no longer be issued sooner. I also disliked mt4 due to slow backtesting coz urgency was needed for me to test strategies quickly and decide which one I would use. 

If you ask me, mql5 is best. I will take you a long way coz mt4 risks being discontinued soon.

alex2andr:
MQL5 of course. Its  have  more opportunities

what are the opportunities? can you talk about them or make examples?

Nelson Wanyama:

I learnt mql5 in four months. By the end of this period, I  had tested very many strategies and methods and was definitely better in trading and making EAs. I wanted to learn mql4 but discovered that it's updates will no longer be issued sooner. I also disliked mt4 due to slow backtesting coz urgency was needed for me to test strategies quickly and decide which one I would use. 

If you ask me, mql5 is best. I will take you a long way coz mt4 risks being discontinued soon.

Is it possible to explain how you learned mql5?

Kareem Abdelhakim:
I really don't know how did the one who developed MQL5 think when he developed it  . It makes more sense to make things easier and faster when you add improvement to certain Product or program , this is completely the opposite for MQL5 , the command to close or open order in MT4 is only 1 line of code , on mql5 you have to write XXXXXXX lines of code to do the same task , This is crazy . To get the value of either Custom or built in indicator in MT4 you need only 1 line of code for MT5 you need to create arrays , handles , copy buffer etc...….. just to make the same task ?!!!!! this is really strange   . To make indicator or EA for MT4 it can take 100 lines of code "Simple App" for MT5 the same App would take natively more than 200 lines of code "If not using any other library"

YES YES!

I have been doing MQL programming for 4 years. For the first 3 years, I only worked with MQL5. In the last year that I turned to MQL4 because of a customer need, I just realized how much time I wasted on mql5.

MQL5 is quite complex and programming is very time consuming. For this reason, after 10 years, professionals still use MQL4.

mojtabalife:

MQL5 is quite complex and programming is very time consuming. For this reason, after 10 years, professionals still use MQL4.

Ask the professionals in the Market or Freelance how they actually write in MQL5.

MQL5 for sure, in the future MQL4 will be obsoleted

Icham Aidibe:
MQL5 is

MQL5 is much more powerful. 

The standard library is there for that.

... but the range of brokerage offers is better for mt4 despite the support stopped 

what library are you referring to?

MT4 preferred
Reason: