Programming - page 10

There should be enough help and a few code examples from the terminal kit. If help is not enough, then some book like "s for dummies", but after reading the book it will be clear that help would be enough, help has all the basics: functions, data types.

You can also ask questions on the forum... Of course, you'll be bombarded with all kinds of "Why are you banned from Google?" and "Read the faqin manual". ...but they should just be sent or ignored and let them choke on silence.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

There should be enough help and a few code examples from the terminal kit. If help is not enough, then some book like "s for dummies", but after reading the book it will be clear that help would be enough, help has all the basics: functions, data types.

You can also ask questions on the forum... Of course, you'll be bombarded with all kinds of "Why are you banned from Google?" and "Read the faqin manual". ...but they should just be sent or ignored and let them choke on silence.

You already need some knowledge of the language to read the manual. It is easy for us to read it and everything seems elementary, but for absolute beginners it is not so. In addition, the help is fragmented. Reading it does not create a coherent picture.

I'm thinking which language to start learning C++, C# or R?

In trading they are mainly used as auxiliary languages, and Python as well. On this site there are many examples of combining MQL with R and C++.

They say that C# is easier than C++ but it's probably less functional. But C# contains much fewer examples of trading in C++ than in C#.

python yes, you can also java on javarush

forexman77:

In trading they are mainly used as auxiliary languages, and Python as well. On this site there are many examples of combining MQL with R and C++.

They say that C# is easier than C++ but it's probably less functional. But C# contains much fewer examples of trading in C++ than in C#.

C#

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

There's a great conventionally comic film -- there's a line in it: "When you talk, Ivan Vassilyevich, it's like you're delirious". And the answer is, "What do you mean?" That's the right answer for our situation.

Your attentiveness to your opponents is at an all-time low.

Read:

I decided to start programming in MQL5. Can you tell me where to start, so that I can get step by step into writing EAs, etc.

Darn it! :-) oh in the heat of advice ... everyone has forgotten how it all started.

You remember how it all started. Everything was first and again. (C) Time Machine

-----

Let's get back to the subject :-)

A word of advice: start by learning the MQL5 language :-))

In other words, a person WANTS to learn how to write EAs step by step - OPS wants to learn how to write EAs without learning the MQL5 language?

the goal is of course - to write EAs in MQL5 ... only as a tool ...

but basically we can say this - he wants to learn (i.e., study) MQL5 in order to write EAs.

he has two goals - one of them to learn the MQL5 language - the second step by step approach to writing EAs

I think we can say so! although it's not explicitly said so

. ..

ewww ... ... :-)))? , ... ... I think it's not crazy when I said that his goal is to learn the language.

That is, he has a double purpose in fact, that's such a logical chain turned out

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

How many times does the question "How to learn mql4/5" arise, but for some reason everyone advises to study C and C++ with enviable persistence.

What do C and C++ have to do with mql4/5?

A man wants to write indicators and Expert Advisors for MT4/5 - how can C and C++ help him? -- Somebody can explain in a sane way the course of his or her own type-logic thoughts of a programmer.

Is it really so that to understand the algorithm, the categories of "condition", "loop", understanding of variables and functions, one must learn some quite left-handed language that is not suitable for writing EAs and indicators for MT4/5 at all?

Kernighan and Ritchie wrote a great book -- but they wrote a book on C -- and that book, with all its undeniable merits -- is not a primer on basic programming. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people who advise you to "start with this book" have never gone through it, paragraph by paragraph. The same goes for Stroustrup's book.

A programming language, is not a goal -- a language, it is a means to solve a specific problem.

It is the need to solve a specific problem that stimulates and forces one to learn language constructs.

There's no point in learning any language construct if it's not needed to solve the problem at hand. There's no point in learning OOP if it's not required to solve a problem. There is no sense in studying graphical objects if they are not used in the task at hand.

You can also advise to begin from studying machine commands and assembler. Although, many clever programmers have a terrible gap in this part - that's probably why they give such perverted advice, because the structure of thinking is incomplete or rote.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Listen to what this man says.

Although he is very "evil" and rude, he often says the right things.

Yes, he speaks outrageously at times (but we are not in a kindergarten here - no one has promised to speak gently - who cares nowadays).

He often says the right things!

Sometimes it is necessary to listen to someone else's point of view - to argue or disagree, in fact it is normal to disagree - and sometimes I will disagree too

But there are times when you have to admit and agree!

Karputov Vladimir:
So:C or C++? What is the fundamental difference between them?
Volodya adds oil to the fire)))))))))))

Vasiliy Sokolov:
To read the help you already need some knowledge of the language. It is easy for us to read it and everything seems elementary, but for absolute beginners it is not. And the help is also fragmented. You don't get the whole picture by reading it.
I give you free advices on how to master C++ and MQL5 in 5 minutes for dummies.)

forexman77:

Sharp is much more powerful than pluses
Reason: