CONVERSION from mq4 to C# : conversion issues - page 2

LandauMT4:

Maybe there is a misunderstanding: the lowest function operates on the bars array or on the Low[] array?

so it seems that Lowest must operate on the Low[] (wich is an array of prices) and not bars(wich is a list of candles): indeed is a nonsense index the Low array using an index extracted from bars

No, iLowest() operates on the list of candles. Which candle value it looks at depends on the type parameter: MODE_LOW for low prices, MODE_HIGH for high prices.

My example was a slightly simplified one, assuming that iLowest() was being called with MODE_LOW as in your example - before moving on to discussion of other, more complex scenarios. 

Thanks again, but Low[] is what? an array of candles or an array of prices (=double)?

LandauMT4:
Thanks again, but Low[] is what? an array of candles or an array of prices (=double)?

It's an array of prices - as I said in my earlier message.

https://docs.mql4.com/predefined

lets's say we have a bars like so

candle0=[O=1.34, H=1.78, L=1.31, C=1.56]  <- more recent candle

candle1=[O=1.21, H=1.90, L=1.20, C=1.69]

candle2=[O=1.11, H=1.30, L=1.10, C=1.12]

candle3=[O=1.09, H=1.44, L=1.01, C=1.15]

candle4=[O=1.67, H=1.91, L=1.55, C=1.88]

candle5=[O=1.98, H=2.20, L=1.97, C=2.43]

candle6=[O=2.43, H=2.53, L=2.39, C=2.44]

candle7=[O=1.88, H=1.99, L=1.87, C=1.88]

candle8=[O=1.71, H=1.81, L=1.56, C=1.80]

candle9=[O=1.66, H=1.94, L=1.17, C=1.56]

in such case in my opinion Low = [1.31, 1.20, 1.10, 1.01, 1.55, 1.97, 2.39, 1.87, 1.56, 1.17]

right?

so Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,5,3) should return 3 because 3 is the position (inside bars) of the candle with the lowest low (1.01)

then if val = Low[Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,5,3) ] 

then val= 1.01...

and what is this stuff? what does it represent? i don't understand.. its' more easy return directly the lowes low...

LandauMT4:

in such case in my opinion... 

Yes, the Low[] array will contain the values you list and, yes, your example of iLowest() will then return 3.

(Taking a different example which doesn't involve the absolutely lowest value in the data set, iLowest(NULL, 0, MODE_LOW, 4, 5) would return 8.)

See my original message for an explanation of why MT4 does this, instead of just giving you a single function which returns the price of the lowest-low.

JC:

Yes, the Low[] array will contain the values you list and, yes, your example of iLowest() will then return 3.

(Taking a different example which doesn't involve the absolutely lowest value in the data set, iLowest(NULL, 0, MODE_LOW, 4, 5) would return 8.)

See my original message for an explanation of why MT4 does this, instead of just giving you a single function which returns the price of the lowest-low.

yes correct, it would return 8

ok the reason is "there are also scenarios such as wanting to know the close price of the bar where the lowest-low occurred."

this is not my case because the indicator i must convert uses only iLowest with the option MODE_LOW and iHighest with the option MODE_HIGH , this is why i don't consider that parameter in my C# conversion.

i can't get the correct result (i have some excel files with the calculator's result to make a comparison), maybe the error is elsewhere...

my iHighest conversion is:

[code]

private int Highest(int count, int startindex, List<Candle> bars)

{

int highposition = -1;

decimal max = decimal.MinValue;

int i = 0, j = 0;

for (i = startindex; j < count; i++, j++)

{

var tmpmax = bars[i].High;

if (tmpmax > max)

{

max = tmpmax; 

highposition = i;

}

}

return highposition;

}

[/code]