vps latency and trader location

Hi there

I rented a vps for metatrader 4 and the vps is based in the netherlands, but after checking the ip of the Irish  trader it is a server in USA.

im located in netherlands, spain or bali

So now what? To reduce latency i figured i could move the vps to datacenter near to the trader server, but that would increate the latency of my rdp session right?

So for manual trading it would not have any positive effect i imagine. For automatic trading it would probably help

Whats your opinion about this?

Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS
Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS
  • www.mql5.com
Renting a virtual server right from the MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 terminals is the optimal way to ensure uninterrupted work of your trading robots and Signal subscriptions. Essentially, it is an analogue of a VPS though it is better and more suitable for addressing needs and challenges that a trader comes across. The server can be rented...

• If you are talking about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 so the location of those VPS is near the broker's server/data center - read the post #872 for more information.
  • If you are about any external VPS so the discussion of those VPS is prohibited (means: no one knows about ...).
How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

Oh forbidden? Wow

Martin Splinter:
Oh forbidden? Wow

Of course, you can ask any question.
But the promotion of any external VPS (incl deep discussion with recommendation of any VPS) is prohibited.

Reason: