MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent

Hi,

Unable to start the service, getting error pls help

QS 0 16:34:57.497 Startup MetaTester 5 x64 build 2170 (4 Oct 2019)

MH 0 16:34:57.506 Startup initialization finished

CJ 0 16:34:59.255 Service Service 'MetaTester-1' successfully installed

DE 0 16:34:59.255 Service Service 'MetaTester-2' successfully installed

HQ 0 16:36:00.148 Startup MetaTester 5 x64 build 2170 (4 Oct 2019)

KK 0 16:36:00.159 Startup initialization finished

HR 0 16:36:11.514 Service Service 'MetaTester-1' start initialized

FH 2 16:37:27.092 Service Service 'MetaTester-1' start failed [The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (1053)]

I'm facing the same problem..unable to start my agents as they don't respond, even with a new fresh installation of the agent manager it fails - No matter what i do they do not start.

Sergey Golubev:

There is small thread: MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent 

and there is summary thread: All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

as far as i can tell there's no were to find a solution for this error;

"EF 2 22: 34: 59.829 Service Service 'MetaTester-1' start failed [The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (1053)]"

I have manually tried to start my agents via Meta Tester agent manager and via my computers task services management without any success. Still 'stopped' and don't respond within time....

Kenneth Parling:

"EF 2 22: 34: 59.829 Service Service 'MetaTester-1' start failed [The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (1053)]"

I have manually tried to start my agents via Meta Tester agent manager and via my computers task services management without any success. Still 'stopped' and don't respond within time....

I was trying to find this issue in Russian part of the forum but seems it was not discussed there ...
As far as I understand - there will be the other build (next one after 2170; I think - it will be the beta build) with some issue fixed.

If it will not be fixed tomorrow for example so I will make a post in Russian forum for the admins' consideration and possible fixing.

Sergey Golubev:
I was trying to find this issue in Russian part of the forum but seems it was not discussed there ...
As far as I understand - there will be the other build (next one after 2170; I think - it will be the beta build) with some issue fixed.

If it will not be fixed tomorrow for example so I will make a post in Russian forum for the admins' consideration and possible fixing.

Thank you Sergey, much appreciated!

Same here, 2 physical computers, Windows 10 64 bit

Sergey Golubev:

Have you seen or heard anything yet?

Kenneth Parling:

Have you seen or heard anything yet?

No one reported on Russian forum any this issue ...
Seems it is the issue with Windows 7, or Windows 8 32-bit, or with external VPS ..

I will make one post on rus part of the forum now, and I hope that admins will reply.

Yes, I asked: post #67

Sergey Golubev:

No one reported on Russian forum any this issue ...
Seems it is the issue with Windows 7, or Windows 8 32-bit, or with external VPS ..

I will make one post on rus part of the forum now, and I hope that admins will reply.

I'm running Windows 10 Home OS 64-bit version 1903.

Earlier this year i think it was in august or so everything worked fine...but now totally impossible to start the agents...

Kenneth Parling:

There is the reply -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New version of the MetaTrader 5 build 2170 platform: Scopes in MQL5, a global update of the strategy tester and integrated hosting

Sergey Dzyublik , 2019.10.10 09:02

The problem is most likely in the account under which the service starts. It used to be SYSTEM, in the latest versions of MT it is NETWORK SERVICE.
On Windows Server 2012 R2 there was the same problem.
It is solved by changing the account under which the service will be launched on the SYSTEM account:

1) Windows + R key combination, then enter services.msc
2) in the list of services you need to find the necessary services from MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester Agent, their default names: MetaTester-1, MetaTester-2, MetaTester-3, ... MetaTester-N.
3) for each service, open the properties, go to the "Log On" tab, set "Log On as" as "Local System account" and click OK.

Reason: