Experts: Grid Template EA - page 2

ferry hilmansyah:
okay , thank you sir , i will try to use for gold trading first

sure you are welcome ;)

Hi 

Thanks for this EA. Grate job.

Well, maybe I can find in your EA what I am searching for, but I have questions I hope you will clerify for me.

Can I set the hours to 0 so the trades will keep be opened into either the account got blowed up or they hit profits?

Will your EA move the take profit when many trades are opened? And can I disable the stoploss? 

I ask about that because I am testing a new idea where I think it is possible to make good profits by trying to catch the trend. And how tat will be is by openning stop orders in the right dirrection. But if it goes against you then there should be a trailing stop that will be responsible for loosing as little as possible of your account until you catch the desire trend. And I have another Ea that will work the trailing stop.

But my idea will not work efectively if your ea do not move the tp while it opens trades.

aalaarajy:

Hi 

Thanks for this EA. Grate job.

Well, maybe I can find in your EA what I am searching for, but I have questions I hope you will clerify for me.

Can I set the hours to 0 so the trades will keep be opened into either the account got blowed up or they hit profits?

Will your EA move the take profit when many trades are opened? And can I disable the stoploss? 

I ask about that because I am testing a new idea where I think it is possible to make good profits by trying to catch the trend. And how tat will be is by openning stop orders in the right dirrection. But if it goes against you then there should be a trailing stop that will be responsible for loosing as little as possible of your account until you catch the desire trend. And I have another Ea that will work the trailing stop.

But my idea will not work efectively if your ea do not move the tp while it opens trades.

I wont either add or remove anything more to this code - It's a 'template' for further development or use 'as is' and a totally free source code where you can edit it by yourself as much as you want! To figure out what's possible or not, simply try out the configurations you trying to achieve.

Well, thanks. I did not mean to ask you to add something. I just asked about how the ea as it is perform.

In any case I am now trying. Maybe tomorrow where a big movement in gbp pairs is expected wil show me how it perform. But I asked you since you are the coder for it. And I am 000 in coding.

But thanks for it anyway. A big thumbs up for your work.

aalaarajy:

Well, thanks. I did not mean to ask you to add something. I just asked about how the ea as it is perform.

In any case I am now trying. Maybe tomorrow where a big movement in gbp pairs is expected wil show me how it perform. But I asked you since you are the coder for it. And I am 000 in coding.

But thanks for it anyway. A big thumbs up for your work.

Fastest way to find out how it works and with different settings simply run it in strategy tester....

The intention of this EA creation was to make a 'template' if you know what that is? something for the user of it to add more to and expand and experiment with and nothing you go trading live with....as it has no logic at all more then placing set of grids....

More over, it's not created to fit some ones personal exceptional expectations either, it's simply a template and nothing more!

Hi Kenneth,

great job on developing this EA. Just wanted to know whether we can run the strategy tester with "open prices only" or " every tick".. any help is appreciated?

rajkalangutkar:

Hi Kenneth,

great job on developing this EA. Just wanted to know whether we can run the strategy tester with "open prices only" or " every tick".. any help is appreciated?

Hi,

Thank you! This adviser template has no trading logic for example execute grids with indicator signals and so on... nothing more then placing grid orders and when those who didn't got hit are deleted the next set of grid will be place. Trading on real accounts is not ideal to do before this template been upgraded(modified) by your self or some one else with entry logic's. I only provide the basic function in this one.

This adviser template does not operate on 'Open prices' and should therefor be tested with 'every tick'

Cheers

Thanks, i think this ea amazing if know how to used. i'll update my backtest soon

rickyandhika99:
Thanks, i think this ea amazing if know how to used. i'll update my backtest soon

You need to understand that this expert adviser is a template! Sure, you can use as is (not recommended for live accounts) but you need to pay attention to that it got no specific trading logic at all, like entry signal from indicators, patterns or whatever...there is nothing. Your back test is kind of irrelevant in this case due to the basic nature of this template.

It has the basics yes but it's not fully completed. It's meant to be a starter and further developed in such way it can be used for live trading. I only provide the basics in this template, the rest is up to you to develop and play around with.

Good luck

Thank you for replay, anyway this my backtest result with my little setting GU M15

Kenneth Parling:

You need to understand that this expert adviser is a template! Sure, you can use as is (not recommended for live accounts) but you need to pay attention to that it got no specific trading logic at all, like entry signal from indicators, patterns or whatever...there is nothing. Your back test is kind of irrelevant in this case due to the basic nature of this template.

It has the basics yes but it's not fully completed. It's meant to be a starter and further developed in such way it can be used for live trading. I only provide the basics in this template, the rest is up to you to develop and play around with.

Good luck

Reason: