New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1220 - page 2

this build does not pickup my previous MT4 DATA FOLDER. (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal ....)
Now it defaults to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\

Is it a bug ?
What can I do to set it to my previous MT4 DATA FOLDER ?

The folder depends on how you install and start the terminal. You do not set it to anything.

Open it and verify it is where you think it should be. Move your files to the correct location.
          Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 2014.02.03

A few years ago I created a news indicator that loads forexfactory news calendar into a graphical panel.

Since 1220, it crashes MT4.  0 compilation errors and no MT4 error log.  Last time compiled was March, and that version still runs fine.

I know is vague description, but what could be the cause ?  Any changes for graphical panels in 1220 ?

By blanking out statements, MT4 seems to crash on the create statement.

CAppDialog        m_newspanel;

OnInit : createnewspanel(0,"News Panel",0,X_STARTnews,Y_STARTnews,X_SIZEnews,Y_SIZEnews);

bool createnewspanel(const long chart,const string name,const int subwin,

const int x1,const int y1,const int x2,const int y2)

{

m_newspanel.Create(0,name,0,x1,y1,x2,y2);

-> crash MT4
Files:
news.png  6 kb

Not sure if its me, but my terminal crashes a lot more than before. Can't change the timeframe with my template anymore, just stays loading over and over.

I am reporting a MQL4 compiler bug :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/325039#comment_13668250

iMAOnArray : Where's the bug?
iMAOnArray : Where's the bug?
  • www.mql5.com
Result : 0.0 !! Thanks...

This version is again having issues with buffers : that happens randomly - no clue when the ex4 file compiles OK or when it does not - the issue is that buffers are having size 0 when used in strict mode and when strict is removed, all will work OK

Events Log ID# 72, SideBySide, "Activation context generation failed"   See more details here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/325566 

This bug occurs in b1220, but b1170 did not have this problem.

It is not critical (yet), but MQ should clean up the code.

SideBySide error in server events logs (Activation context generation failed)
SideBySide error in server events logs (Activation context generation failed)
  • www.mql5.com
I was looking at the Server Manager's Event Logs and noticed that two of the terminals throw the following log error from the SideBySide source Ac...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353/page276#comment_13758053

Has anyone experienced the same thing? is this also a bug?

Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks
Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks
  • www.mql5.com
MT4 will evolve and will soon merge with MT5. There will be a single compiler supports both platforms...

can we have this tool on mt4? cus this one also available on mt4 mobile. Thank you
Files:
Capture6.PNG  8 kb

noonehastherighttojudgeanother:

thank you.  

That must have change with a recent release, because I have been running that code for some time.

Will make the changes and carry on.

can clarify me the changes you have done?

i have the same problem

Reason: