Last Order being missed in a for loop

Hi guys,

I am working on an EA, that uses a break even function. 

It uses a for loop to select the orders and make operations with them.

void Breakeven()
  {
   for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
     {
      if(!OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))
         continue;
      if(OrderMagicNumber()==magic && OrderSymbol()==Symbol())
        {
         if(OpenPositions()==2 && OrderStopLoss()!=openlevel)
           {
            bool modify=OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),openlevel,OrderTakeProfit(),0);
            if(!modify){Print("Order ",OrderTicket()," not modified ,op2,,error ",GetLastError());}
            else{Print("Order ",OrderTicket()," modified !");}
            Print("--------");
           }

if(OpenPositions()==1 && OrderStopLoss()!=level1)
           {
            bool modify=OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),level1,OrderTakeProfit(),0);
            if(!modify){Print("Order ",OrderTicket()," not modified,op1 ,error ",GetLastError());}
            Print("++++++++");
           }
        }
     }
  } 

I open 3 order simultaneously and when the first is closed, we start modifying the rest, but from the 2 orders left(this happens with buy and sell), only one is selected, as if the last ticket order does not exist. All orders haev the same parameters - Open price, lot size, TP,SL. The first if only takes one order.

The strange thing is that when i make a test, and i know which order number to check, so i say if OrdertTcket == 12 (i know the order ticket), and print OrderTicket it returns 11, not as said 12 . So this troubles me

Hope you can help

Stanislav Ivanov:

Hi guys,

I open 3 order simultaneously and when the first is closed, we start modifying the rest, but from the 2 orders left(this happens with buy and sell), only one is selected, as if the last ticket order does not exist. All orders haev the same parameters - Open price, lot size, TP,SL. The first if only takes one order.

The strange thing is that when i make a test, and i know which order number to check, so i say if OrdertTcket == 12 (i know the order ticket), and print OrderTicket it returns 11, not as said 12 . So this troubles me

Hope you can help

Change the for() to:

for (int i=0; i < OrdersTotal() ; i++) {

The error on your code is because you are subtracting 1 order from ordersTotal

OrdersTotal()-1

rrocchi:

Change the for() to:

The error on your code is because you are subtracting 1 order from ordersTotal

Why it is an error ?

Orders Total returns the amount of orders, i get order indexes, this is why i substract 1.

I tested this before, doesnt work !

Any ideas ?

Stanislav Ivanov:

Hi guys,

Hope you can help

Your function OpenPositions() is changing the order selected.

Alain Verleyen:
Your function OpenPositions() is changing the order selected.

Thanks for your answer , but how so ?

int OpenPositions()
  {
   int cnt=0;
     {
         continue;
        {
         cnt++;
        }
     }
   return cnt;
  }

Stanislav Ivanov:

Thanks for your answer , but how so ?

Think about it and you will finish to understand.

Stanislav Ivanov:

Hi guys,

Hope you can help

Hello,

for buy position value is 0, and for sell value is 1.

https://docs.mql4.com/constants/tradingconstants/orderproperties

So.....

void Breakeven()
  {
     {
         continue;
        {
         if(OrderType()==0 && OrderStopLoss()!=openlevel)//for buy
           {
            bool modify=OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),openlevel,OrderTakeProfit(),0);
            if(!modify){Print("Order ",OrderTicket()," not modified ,op2,,error ",GetLastError());}
            else{Print("Order ",OrderTicket()," modified !");}
            Print("--------");
           }

if(OrderType()==1 && OrderStopLoss()!=level1)//for sell
           {
            bool modify=OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),level1,OrderTakeProfit(),0);
            if(!modify){Print("Order ",OrderTicket()," not modified,op1 ,error ",GetLastError());}
            Print("++++++++");
           }
        }
     }
  } 
Order Properties - Trade Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
Order Properties - Trade Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

Nikolaos Pantzos:

Hello,

for buy position value is 0, and for sell value is 1.

https://docs.mql4.com/constants/tradingconstants/orderproperties

So.....

hi, thanks for your answer. The issue is that i am not comparing order types, i am comparing the amount of orders opened

Alain Verleyen:
Think about it and you will finish to understand.

i have beed thinking about it for a few days. Im confused.

Still thanks for your answer, but it is not very helpful.

I write in the forum only after printing, testing, checking every value. And only when i find something i can not resolve ,i write.

Well, if you know the answer , but still want to keep it for yourself and not help, ok and thanks for everything

Your OpenPositions function changes the ticket focus. Replace this

if(OpenPositions()==2 && OrderStopLoss()!=openlevel)

with

int ticket=OrderTicket();
         int openpositions=OpenPositions();
         if(!OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET)) continue;
         if(openpositions==2 && OrderStopLoss()!=openlevel)

Stanislav Ivanov:

i have beed thinking about it for a few days. Im confused.

Still thanks for your answer, but it is not very helpful.

I write in the forum only after printing, testing, checking every value. And only when i find something i can not resolve ,i write.

Well, if you know the answer , but still want to keep it for yourself and not help, ok and thanks for everything

I don't keep anything, I said you the problem.

Do your homework, debug your code and stop whining.
Reason: