Is every new position's ticket greater than the previous ones ?

Hi
I want to make sure if every new trade ticket is greater than the previous ones.

With the brokers which I tried before, it seems to me that this was always correct.

But I want to make sure about it.

i appreciate any help

MT4 has orders. Only MT5 has positions. Ticket numbers are always increasing. Only in the tester are they 1,2,3 …

Order ticket is an auto increment field in database structure, so new order will always have the order ticket value higher than older(s).

William Roeder:
MT4 has orders. Only MT5 has positions. Ticket numbers are always increasing. Only in the tester are they 1,2,3 …

Giang Nguyen:
Order ticket is an auto increment field in database structure, so new order will always have the order ticket value higher than older(s).

Thank you  William Roeder  and  Giang Nguyen

I suppose when your server connection drops for whatever reason and your terminal connects to a different server then it could be different, but i didn't try it yet. 

Marco vd Heijden:
I suppose when your server connection drops for whatever reason and your terminal connects to a different server then it could be different, but i didn't try it yet. 

agreed. for example: ic market tickets on demo account are 9 integers, but royal fx and 8cap are 8, so the former are guaranteed to be bigger.

Marco vd Heijden:

Thanks  Marco vd Heijden

Does it mean that the open positions ticket can change after connecting to a different server?

Reza nasimi:

Thanks  Marco vd Heijden

Does it mean that the open positions ticket can change after connecting to a different server?

Not for already opened positions.

Marco vd Heijden:

Not for already opened positions.

Good, Thank you very much Marco vd heijen

Reason: