Is every new position's ticket greater than the previous ones ?

To add comments, please log in or register
Reza nasimi
Reza nasimi  

Hi
I want to make sure if every new trade ticket is greater than the previous ones.

With the brokers which I tried before, it seems to me that this was always correct.

But I want to make sure about it.

i appreciate any help

William Roeder
William Roeder  
MT4 has orders. Only MT5 has positions. Ticket numbers are always increasing. Only in the tester are they 1,2,3 …
Giang Nguyen
Giang Nguyen  
Order ticket is an auto increment field in database structure, so new order will always have the order ticket value higher than older(s).
Reza nasimi
Reza nasimi  
William Roeder:
MT4 has orders. Only MT5 has positions. Ticket numbers are always increasing. Only in the tester are they 1,2,3 …

Giang Nguyen:
Order ticket is an auto increment field in database structure, so new order will always have the order ticket value higher than older(s).

Thank you  William Roeder  and  Giang Nguyen

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  
I suppose when your server connection drops for whatever reason and your terminal connects to a different server then it could be different, but i didn't try it yet. 
Revo Trades
Revo Trades  
Marco vd Heijden:
I suppose when your server connection drops for whatever reason and your terminal connects to a different server then it could be different, but i didn't try it yet. 

agreed. for example: ic market tickets on demo account are 9 integers, but royal fx and 8cap are 8, so the former are guaranteed to be bigger.

Reza nasimi
Reza nasimi  
Marco vd Heijden:

Thanks  Marco vd Heijden

Does it mean that the open positions ticket can change after connecting to a different server?

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  
Reza nasimi:

Thanks  Marco vd Heijden

Does it mean that the open positions ticket can change after connecting to a different server?

Not for already opened positions.

Reza nasimi
Reza nasimi  
Marco vd Heijden:

Not for already opened positions.

Good, Thank you very much Marco vd heijen

To add comments, please log in or register