I can't believe it! - page 6

and I read it... it says bar formation... high low... stop at the open... but it's not clear how to determine which way to open... and how an EA should "wait" for the moment to enter ... (using a slip or something?)

xnko писал(а) >>
The idea is simple, approximately like this: Close[0] > Open[0] && Open[0] > Low[0] (Close[0] < Open[0] && Open[0] < High[0]) and open long (short) position with Open[0] stop, as prices move we do trailing, and when new bar appears we close order, and go to new bar

Unclear points:

1. According to the comment each bar should be worked, but according to the state only 2-4 bars per day are worked on average, the rest are filtered.

2) Trailing stop is done literally for every tick and sometimes within a minute the stop is corrected up to 70 times (for example buy order 2008.03.11 14:16), i.e. practically several requests to the server per second, such trading is not successful. I think it is better to use a Take order.

For the first 6 months the volume has increased 5 times (from 0.2 to 1), and for the last month it increased 10 times! (from 1 to 10) it is not clear what principle was used to build up such an aggressive volume.

The algorithm itself has a rational basis, but its implementation in its present form is unlikely to work in real life. Therefore, it should be further developed and improved. I think it would be better to "tune" it to multi-hour charts (watch a minimum) and abolish trailing, at least in the form it has now.

With respect to the author for his work...

Shniperson >> :
and i read it... it says about bar formation... high low... stop on the open... but it is not clear how to determine which way to open... and how an EA should "wait" for the moment to enter ... (using a slip or something?)

yes, I didn't understand that point either:

...pullback a long (short) position with stop Open[0]...

xnko, how do you place a stop? it will always be less than the minimum distance...

Pay attention to the hourly state, the entry is implemented when the price moved away from the opening by 13 points. I.e. if the price has moved in +13 pips, we open BUY. Then we open BUY.

Obviously, there are some other rules the author does not reveal, since what I have understood is that he loses even in the Strategy Tester.

Yes, stop 13 p. everywhere. It seems to open when the price moves away from Open [0] on the min. dist.

So far, my conclusion is that the given test results are so sweet because of poor modelling quality. Many ticks are lost. Deals shown as profitable are in fact closed with a stop loss at 90% of simulation quality. Having tested your Expert Advisor

Dezil >> :
At the moment my conclusion is that the given test results are so sweet because of poor modelling quality. Many ticks are lost. Trades shown as profitable are in fact closed with stop loss at 90% modeling quality. Checking your Expert Advisor
Dezil >> :
At the moment my conclusion is the following: the given testing results are so sweet because of poor modeling quality. Many ticks are lost. Deals stated as profitable are in fact closed with stop loss at 90% modeling quality. Checking my Expert Advisor

i've already tested it on semi-automatic simulator since i haven't solved the issue of forced closure of order at bar change but as you see quite good results. at deposit 730 i got 14000 output (why i can't chip the whole state)

Where's the state? Can you attach it to the file?

Dezil >> :
Where's the state? Can you put it in a file?

>> I tried it, it says it's bigger than...

By the way about modifications I want to say that not so much... (>> Not on every tick and only when price is one pip above the previous one.)

Vinsent_Vega >> :

Yes, I didn't understand that point either:

xnko, how do you set the stop? it will always be less than the minimum distance...

I have e.g. entry above the bar opening level as I understand the author's too

Reason: