Discussion of article "Drawing Channels - Inside and Outside View"

New article Drawing Channels - Inside and Outside View is published:

I guess it won't be an exaggeration, if I say the channels are the most popular tool for the analysis of market and making trade decisions after the moving averages. Without diving deeply into the mass of trade strategies that use channels and their components, we are going to discuss the mathematical basis and the practical implementation of an indicator, which draws a channel determined by three extremums on the screen of the client terminal.

Author: Dima

nice article, thanks.

wonder about a possible typo: bool CheckExtremumMoving() ?

//  Check whether extremums have been moved on the screen:
//---------------------------------------------------------------------
bool CheakExtremumMoving()

razoff:

nice article, thanks.

wonder about a possible typo: bool CheckExtremumMoving() ?

Thanks.

Sorry, don't catch what you mean?

Dima_S:

Thanks.

Sorry, don't catch what you mean?

"Cheak" in function name should read "Check" .. just typo in the function name, it does not cause error because you call "CheakExtremumMoving"

razoff; these types of errors are all over code if you look hard enough -- simple fix will be to Find and Replace on all "CheakExtremum" to "CheckExtremum" - or obviously for other errors of this kind you find. You can Find in Files for instances and references to incorrect spellings then replace in each file; that way when integrating code from the community you can decide what to call your objects and methods. 

Lugner:

"Cheak" in function name should read "Check" .. just typo in the function name, it does not cause error because you call "CheakExtremumMoving"

razoff; these types of errors are all over code if you look hard enough -- simple fix will be to Find and Replace on all "CheakExtremum" to "CheckExtremum" - or obviously for other errors of this kind you find. You can Find in Files for instances and references to incorrect spellings then replace in each file; that way when integrating code from the community you can decide what to call your objects and methods. 

Yes, it's my mistake :)

hi, i applied the indicator but in the top left corner it only shows 0.00000 ( 0.0 p. ), this value is constant for the upborder, middle line and dn border. what can i do to fix this problem?

thnxs

deuce:

hi, i applied the indicator but in the top left corner it only shows 0.00000 ( 0.0 p. ), this value is constant for the upborder, middle line and dn border. what can i do to fix this problem?

thnxs

Hi,

the channal system consist of two parts (indicators):

-ExtremumHandSet - set it first on chart and setup 3 extremums (3 different points)

-SlideChannal - it draw the channal

You can see on video all steps.

WBR

get lot of errors while compiling  SlideChannel.mq5 "1.01" on b489 i386 system

'BORDER_UP_INDEX' - integer expression expected    SlideChannelClasses.mqh    706    21

beautiful work!!!! But when I attached Extremumhandset on chart, it doesn't give me the extremes. So I don't even have to be slidechannel. Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot

I tried these indicators and they just don't work.

I recompiled them and also corrected the spelling mistake highlighted in the comments above. But no points are displayed and therefore no channels are plotted. I will try to review your article to see if it is possible to rebuild the indicators for the latest version of MT5.

Reason: