Missing input tab in expert properties

Hi, 

I’m brand new to mt4, I’ve coded a EA without warning or error and I go to test it but I don’t see any input tab in Expert properties

What could be the problem??

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

So maybe you have not set any "input" or "extern" literal at the beginning of each variables you want,

So could you provide the full code to be checked,

Mehrdad Jeddi:

Hi,

So maybe you have not set any "input" or "extern" literal at the beginning of each variables you want,

So could you provide the full code to be checked,

Hi thanks for the response!

I copied it off a you tube video, there is no input code there. 

Would you know the right code to use just to test profit of a moving average cross over EA?

I dont see any code.so please provide the code to be checked,

Its most likely, what you copied from the yutube source was the final ex4 file in which the author had not made the input settings external. You must obtain the source code from the author and make the input variables external by putting "extern" at the beginning of each line where the variable was declared...good luck!

David Binka Kumatse:
Its most likely, what you copied from the yutube source was the final ex4 file in which the author had not made the input settings external. You must obtain the source code from the author and make the input variables external by putting "extern" at the beginning of each line where the variable was declared...good luck!

Yes,I think so.

MillsbergN9:
Hi, 

I’m brand new to mt4, I’ve coded a EA without warning or error and I go to test it but I don’t see any input tab in Expert properties

What could be the problem??

Thanks for any help!

If you want help, post the code, don't post a youtube video (I have deleted it).

Mehrdad Jeddi:

Yes,I think so.

Hi,

Here is the code...

Copy and paste the code using the code button. Don't post an image.

Post the code showing externs or inputs. Probably there aren't any so you will not have inputs.

Keith Watford:

Copy and paste the code using the code button. Don't post an image.

Post the code showing externs or inputs. Probably there aren't any so you will not have inputs.

Hi, 
yes there is none. What should I use to test??

void OnTick(void)
  {

// Current chart, current period,20 candles, no shift, simple, close price
    double slowmovingaverage = iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

double lastslowmovingaverage = iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

double fastmovingaverage = iMA(NULL,0,10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

double lastfastmovingaverage = iMA(NULL,0,10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

//if the fast SMA is now above
     if ((lastfastmovingaverage > lastslowmovingaverage)
         &&(fastmovingaverage < slowmovingaverage))

// Chart output for buy signal
      Comment ("SELL");

}

You have your answer, why do you expect to see anything in the inputs when you haven't put them in the code?????
Reason: