Problems with backtesting on the MetaTrader Platform

Hi all,
I am entirely new to EA development. However, I have a problem with backtesting my first advisor. When selecting the ''use data'' section and I select any one year period from the options, it always seems to start from the 31st of March 2019 until the present date.
At first, I thought that is because of the amount of data my broker provides, but this shouldn't be the case since the backtesting worked fine for the first week of developing the EA.
To be sure that wasn't the case I tried to load the data following this thread manually: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/72193

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Dan

no history data for strategy tester mt4
no history data for strategy tester mt4
  • www.mql5.com
hi; when i run my ea , i get this message: " no history data ". whats the problem? thanks for reply...

I don't really know the answer to your specific issue, but try to uncheck the box and see where it runs from. Also, if you do not come right quickly but are in a hurry to get done, consider opening a Demo account with another broker.

Brian Rumbles:
I don't really know the answer to your specific issue, but try to uncheck the box and see where it runs from. Also, if you do not come right quickly but are in a hurry to get done, consider opening a Demo account with another broker.
Yeah I have already tried that, but it doesn't seem to fix it. Thought the problem might be somewhere in the instalation of the platform, because at one point I found out that I had installed it twice for some reason, so I even uninstalled everything, but the only thing that happened is that the begining date changed from 1st of April to the 31st of March. 
Reason: