Where can I find an example of EA to trade stocks or ETFs?

Hello,

Where can I find an example of EA to trade stocks or ETFs?

An EA based on a moving average would be fine.

Thanks in advance,
Pierre

Many EAs (I think - most of the EAs) can trade forex and stocks or ETFs on the same time.

Hello Sergey,
I'm talking about real stocks and real ETFs, not CFD shares or CFD ETFs.
I will try and come back to give you my results.

Pierre Rougier:
Hello Sergey,
I'm talking about real stocks and real ETFs, not CFD shares or CFD ETFs.
I will try and come back to give you my results.

Sergey is right. A proper coded EA can trade any instrument. Find a broker who supports trading stocks.

I already have a demo account at a broker that offers stock and EFT.
By I have not yet found an EA that works.

Enrique Dangeroux:

Sergey is right. A proper coded EA can trade any instrument. Find a broker who supports trading stocks.

Yes and no. Technically an EA can be coded to work on any instrument, but from trading point of view, I doubt your will find a strategy that "works" on Forex and at the same time on stocks.

More than that, even technically you will find a lot of EA that seems to work but don't really take into account the specificities of stocks (or Futures, Options and centralized market in general). Just one example : a Forex chart is a "bid" chart, a stocks chart is a "last" chart.

Pierre is right to search for a specific EA, but I have nothing to recommend. If the goal is just to check how stocks are working, then it should not be hard to find one. If the goal is to find a good EA (that makes profit) that's not so easy to find as they are private most of the time.

Pierre Rougier:

I think to trade stock, using non-hedge EA and run with indicators. It would differ to Forex that mostly a hedge EA and with complex strategy. I see many of EA can do but hard to search the best one because you need a fast computer to evaluate its. (testing use plenty time!!  so it may take one day for one EA..)   Chaiya

Alain Verleyen:

If the goal is just to check how stocks are working, then it should not be hard to find one.

Hello Alain,

My goal is just to check how stocks are working.
I'm just looking for an EA who opens and closes orders.
I do not care whether the EA makes a profit or not.

Pierre Rougier:

Hello Alain,

Ok, then you need to search for an EA that forks on a netting account, you can look for stocks, futures, options, technically they are working similarly.

Check the codebase and Market (there are free EAs).

Pierre Rougier:

Hello Alain,

Please, check this one: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/26317

If it does not work in your environment, please, let me know, I will make fixes / changes.

RSI Levels Expert Advisor
RSI Levels Expert Advisor
  • www.mql5.com
Reversing Martingale EA Very popular but dangerous strategy which doubles the stakes after each loosing trade. Finally, if there is enough margin it will reverse into the direction of the current price move and will eventually...

Pierre Rougier:

Hi Pierre, im interstig in ETF too, found this EA and will test; do yiu have tested it? I will test on italian ETF FIB, what have u tested? thanks

bye

Reason: