Indicators and can they be trusted? - page 6

leman:
Then get the lighting right, you'll see the cycles straight away :)
Lighting, cycles... the main thing is the price. But that depends only on Uncle Pete the market maker, who suddenly picked up and bought where you're still waiting for the tram to go...)

olskran:

...The overall result is negative. The statistics is as follows: 70 percent of orders opened and then closed are negative. This is the reason for my question - is a technical indicator built based only on the data of a currency pair chart and its movements are practically random or it has a movement that depends on many factors which are not considered by our technical indicator in its calculations? The chart of any indicator shows a certain correspondence (ratio) between the indicator readings and the price ratio readings of the currency pair and no more. And this is true because the indicator doesn't receive any third-party information that affects this price ratio of the currency pair. This is what I am trying to talk about in this forum.

Don't be so categorical in your judgement... Check out this indicator for example - it's about "not getting third-party information from the indicator... "

Interesting article, set of indicators... https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1573/page5#comments and materials with sources at the end of the article... In addition there are other indicators that are not directly related to the price chart, yet allow themselves to be prescribed as code... Dig in this direction... These indicators are completely based on the use of third-party information...

OnGoing:
Lighting, cycles... the main thing is the price. But that only depends on Uncle Peter the market maker, who suddenly bought where you are still waiting for the tram...)

Who cares what depends on what. What matters is the result. And how do you determine whether it is a result or not? Are you looking at macroeconomic indicators?

leman:

Who cares what depends on what. What matters is the result. And how do you determine what is already a result or not quite yet a result? Are you looking at macroeconomic indicators?

Yes, we do, by the fact that they happen. And with equal probability in both directions.

OnGoing:
Yes, we do, by the fact of their commission. And with equal probability in both directions.
I'm not talking about probability, I'm talking about the end result in fact, whether it happened or not.

leman:
I'm not talking about probability, I'm talking about the end result in fact, whether it happened or not.
We were actually talking about probability in the beginning (going back to our trams), but if there is no probability, the end result is either zero or negative.

OnGoing:
We were actually talking about probability in the beginning (going back to our trams), but if there is none, the end result is either zero or negative.
You misunderstand me.

Aleksander: 07.11.2010 17:43

for example my indicator shows that the eu will start trading at 1.40675 ... i.e. gap upwards are predicted :) - use it :)

oh shit... the indicator is wrong... it's not 4067 it's 4055... that's it... I won't trust it .... throw it away....

On the subject of the possibility of successful trading using an indicator.

Here is the Expert Advisor balance chart (from August 14, 2001 to today) using one indicator. On one timeframe. The indicator is publicly available, it was posted here on the forum. Optimization was performed on 2010 interval (from 628 trades). My initial deposit was 1000$, lot was fixed at 0.1. I use indicator's signals for entry and exit, as well as take profit and stop loss. Yes, the drawdown is decent. But in general, over the entire testing interval we can observe the balance growth. There is no need to predict the market, it is enough to follow it.

khorosh: ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ Here is a graph of the expert's balance sheet
yeah... there's no way to see the graphs... more and more, NOT visible :)
Reason: