Is it possible to know if an expert is running a genetic or complete optimization?

Hi, I know it is possible to know if an optimization is running using MQLInfoInteger(MQL_OPTIMIZATION), but is it possible to know which kind of optimization it is (e.g. genetic or complete)?

Thank you,

Tuche.

I don't think so, why is that important ?

Alain Verleyen:
I don't think so, why is that important ?

Because I use the genetic optimization to get a tip of the best setup: I set the custom user criteria return from OnTester() to zero in some cases like negative balance. When I believe I have a good setup using genetic test, I do a "fine tuning" with the complete optimization, where I need to use all the OnTester() results with no zeros to calculate some other things out of MT.

Thank you.

Tuche.

tuche:

Because I use the genetic optimization to get a tip of the best setup: I set the custom user criteria return from OnTester() to zero in some cases like negative balance. When I believe I have a good setup using genetic test, I do a "fine tuning" with the complete optimization, where I need to use all the OnTester() results with no zeros to calculate some other things out of MT.

Thank you.

Tuche.

You will need to add an input parameter. I don't see a simpler way.
Reason: