MQL5 site down ... how/why?!

MQL5 site was down for an hour while I observed... might have been more time ... 

I couldnt reach VPS nor now I cannot close orders... 

I probably facing losses now when market opens on monday... 

How its possible the site is down? 

Lauri P:

MQL5 site was down for an hour while I observed... might have been more time ... 

I couldnt reach VPS nor now I cannot close orders... 

I probably facing losses now when market opens on monday... 

How its possible the site is down? 

MQL5.com down doesn't mean that MQL5 VPS servers were down too.

Did you try to access your MQL5 VPS server within your MT4/5 platform and failed?

Eleni Anna Branou:

Did you try to access your MQL5 VPS server within your MT4/5 platform and failed?

no, forgot abt that... and was away from comp... I needed / wanted to close the server via android at mql site ... how to close server on android via mt4 app!? 

Lauri P:

no, forgot abt that... and was away from comp... I needed / wanted to close the server via android at mql site ... how to close server on android via mt4 app!? 

I do not use the mt4 app, however, i think that can only be done via mt4 desktop and the mql5.com website.

I recommend that you get a tablet or windows 6" phone and install microsoft rdp app, like i have; to avoid having that issue again.

You also have the Microsoft RDP application on Androide and iPhone, no need to change the phone

Eleni Anna Branou:

That's not necessarily (and most probably not) exact Eleni.

Hopefully the site server(s) are not the same as the MQL5 VPS servers. So they could only be down simultaneously in case of a serious Internet issue.

Lauri P:

If you wanted to stop/start your MQL5 server on the MQL5.com website, it wasn't possible.

There is not other way to do that, apart from access your MQL5 VPS server on your MT4/5 terminal.

Alain Verleyen:

That's not necessarily (and most probably not) exact Eleni.

Hopefully the site server(s) are not the same as the MQL5 VPS servers. So they could only be down simultaneously in case of a serious Internet issue.

"MQL5.com down doesn't mean that MQL5 VPS servers were down too."

I meant that one thing doesn't necessarily mean the other Alain.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Oops. I completely misread :-D

Eleni Anna Branou:

Vps probably worked but the access via Android I had via mql5 site and it was down... Could be arranged also on Android Mt4 apps... As it's on desktops... Remote desktops require another app to manage... 

Lauri P:
Vps probably worked but the access via Android I had via mql5 site and it was down... Could be arranged also on Android Mt4 apps... As it's on desktops... Remote desktops require another app to manage... 

That would be useful, but I don't know if Metaquotes would consider it.

Reason: