Is EA's order slower than buy/sell stop order?

Dear all,

Goodday.

My broker increased the minimum distance to place buy stop order to 10 pips away from current price. For example, if i want to buy stop at 1.2010,i can only place buy stop order when price is below 1.2000. Sometimes price does not move below 1.2000 for me to place a buy stop order and i will miss the trade if it breaks higher in a fast manner.  

I am thinking of using EA to buy when price hits 1.2010, but i wonder if EA will be slower than a normal buy stop order? i.e. will there be more slippage?

If EA is slower than a normal buy stop order, then my only choice left is to move to a new broker that does not have such ridiculous requirement of wide distance to place  stop order.

Thank you all. 

keen lum tham: but i wonder if EA will be slower than a normal buy stop order? i.e. will there be more slippage?

A stop becomes a market order when hit. Exactly the same.

Humans use stops and limits because they can't watch the chart 24/7. EAs can, thus they don't have to use them.

whroeder1:

A stop becomes a market order when hit. Exactly the same.

Humans use stops and limits because they can't watch the chart 24/7. EAs can, thus they don't have to use them.

It's not the same as the order is already on the server. So it depends of internet latency.

Reason: