How to stop and restart MQLś VPS automatically? like a timer in case EA does not have the option nor cannot adjust it with the spread...

How to stop and restart MQLś VPS automatically? like a timer...  in case EA does not have the option nor cannot adjust it with the spread...

thnx, 

L.

Just have the EA stop trading.

Marco vd Heijden:
Just have the EA stop trading.

too much work= many pairs * have to restart it after an hour, * 5 days / * 52 weeks / * 10 yrs... 

Lauri P:

too much work= many pairs * have to restart it after an hour, * 5 days / * 52 weeks / * 10 yrs... 

Maybe you are not doing it correctly.

It should not pose any problem.

Marco vd Heijden:

Maybe you are not doing it correctly.

It should not pose a problem.

seems so... im pretty new on the issue.. .can you send me weblink to guidance!? 

Lauri P:

seems so... im pretty new on the issue.. .can you send me weblink to guidance!? 

Yes you can see here: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs

MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5) is a high-level language designed for developing technical indicators, trading robots and utility applications, which automate financial trading. MQL5 has been developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp. for their trading platform. The language syntax is very close to C++ enabling programmers to develop applications in...

Marco vd Heijden:

Yes you can see here: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs

erm... this goes into code right? = i´m not a programmer and I don´t have the source code of the bot. The guy, who sold me the bot has not been communicative for over a year ... So I have to make it bit more robust... switch on switch off VPS or Either MQL provides the automated app / timer ...   

Hallo

I rented Forex VPS . But I can not connect with my demo or real account in my MTQ 5. Is there anyone who can help me?

TTesfay:

Hallo

I rented Forex VPS . But I can not connect with my demo or real account in my MTQ 5. Is there anyone who can help me?

If you are talking about 'MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5' so check the subscription procedure once again - just in case you missed something (for example - you may miss to fill the Community tab in Metatrader with your forum login/pass): 
post #4 

----------------

Once you are sure that everything is file so try to synchronize your open charts with attached EAs/signal subscription (for example) - 

----------------

Besides, when you connect your trading account with VPS so you will want to understand/to check/etc about everything (is it right/correct, or not), so you can use log files: Virtual Platform Logs

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
  • www.mql5.com
Dear All, I just rented my first VPS from MQL5 via my MT4 platform today...
Reason: