Utility to record times that MT4 is online/offline ?

To add comments, please log in or register
Cobra5000
Cobra5000  

I have not yet a vps. Certainly may use the MQL5 vps in the near future.

is there a utility that will record the times when MT4 is connected to Broker and in trading mode ?

I would like to see if there is any breaks in the time that MT4 can trade.

I have windows 7 setup to not go into hibernation, sleep, screen saver, etc. But it does bring up the "log on" screen after many minutes even though i have the password disablet as well, I have not yet been able to disable the log on screen from coming up.

Nor have i been able to determing yet if the "log on" screen actually stops windows such that trading wont occur.

Any instructions on setting up windows such that MT4 will trade on ?

With my first signal,  i did lose some trades, although i watched for that most days and seemed like i had the same trades open as the signal provider. 

but when i look at trade historys, seems like the provider had more trades than i did. 

So is there a way to track when I am connected and MT4 will copy a trade ?

Are there Instructions on setting up MT4 on windows VPS ?

Thank you

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

Hello any connection and or disconnection will be written to the log file so you can check that.

It can be a bit hard to filter out these events so you can also write and run a separate utility that only will write these events to a separate file.

Cobra5000
Cobra5000  
Marco vd Heijden:

Hello any connection and or disconnection will be written to the log file so you can check that.

It can be a bit hard to filter out these events so you can also write and run a separate utility that only will write these events to a separate file.

Thank you, yes i have checked the journal but there is alot of entrys, i  can only see back maybe an hour or two. 

I thought someone may know of such a utility. I dont have the ability yet to write one on my own. 

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

It involves a bit of coding to make one that only writes to file connect/disconnect points, and the duration.

You can have it made at freelance.

William Roeder
William Roeder  
Cobra5000: I thought someone may know of such a utility.

Right Click → Open → Double Click on the latest file to open in Notepad → Search. No utility needed.

To add comments, please log in or register