Trend vs. Reversal trading

To add comments, please log in or register
Rajiv Ishwar
Rajiv Ishwar  
Which is the better system, trend or reversal trading?  Many indicators and EAs seem to be for reversal trading but is it really the best way to trade? Anybody know of any good EA that specifically utilizes trend analysis without resorting to a grid strategy or any form of Martingale?
Mulyanto Gunawan
Mulyanto Gunawan  
Rajiv Ishwar:
Which is the better system, trend or reversal trading?  Many indicators and EAs seem to be for reversal trading but is it really the best way to trade? Anybody know of any good EA that specifically utilizes trend analysis without resorting to a grid strategy or any form of Martingale?
Depend on how you trade, any strategies is great, depend on the execution
Waseem Raza
Waseem Raza  

Reversal is not a trading it's just an illusion for any trader and over 70% traders gets trapped in this.

Trend trading is the only basic trading style in Forex and in Stock, all trends can be seen in weekly charts,  trend tells the country's financial position or decisions if any currency facing high uncertainty it can not be suitable for trading i,e  GBP, TUR etc. 

Martingale can be effective only if your with trend otherwise trying to recover wrong decisions only. 

Entry Time:

Any trend can take reversal for some time like 7 to 15 days and sometime 30 days and best way wait and check best point for entry. 90% everyday calendar news  can not turn the trend. 

I'm not a guru but tried to explain a simple way and a sample way works in trade, more intelligence makes simple things complex.

Alex Chua
Alex Chua  
Waseem Raza:

Reversal is not a trading it's just an illusion for any trader and over 70% traders gets trapped in this.

Trend trading is the only basic trading style in Forex and in Stock, all trends can be seen in weekly charts,  trend tells the country's financial position or decisions if any currency facing high uncertainty it can not be suitable for trading i,e  GBP, TUR etc. 

Martingale can be effective only if your with trend otherwise trying to recover wrong decisions only. 

Entry Time:

Any trend can take reversal for some time like 7 to 15 days and sometime 30 days and best way wait and check best point for entry. 90% everyday calendar news  can not turn the trend. 

I'm not a guru but tried to explain a simple way and a sample way works in trade, more intelligence makes simple things complex.

Found a good answer.
I'm new in forex and i was keep thinking is the daily high impact economic news will cause the main trend turnover ? finally i get the answer here.. thanks a lot!

May i know is H1 TF can absorbe the impact?or better H4 ? thank you !
Waseem Raza
Waseem Raza  
Alex Chua:
Found a good answer.
I'm new in forex and i was keep thinking is the daily high impact economic news will cause the main trend turnover ? finally i get the answer here.. thanks a lot!

May i know is H1 TF can absorbe the impact?or better H4 ? thank you !

H4 is far better then H1 

To add comments, please log in or register