Purchased EA not available in the MQL5 market anymore.

Hi, I purchased an expert advisor in the MQL5 market. After a few days, I noticed that the EA that I purchased isn't available in the MQL5 market anymore. The owner probably removed it. Can I still use the EA that I purchased even though it is not available in the MQL5 Market anymore? What I mean to say is will the EA still work if I attach it to a chart. Will it still trade for me?

Regards

Yes, the EA is still on your Metatrader' Market tab (irrespective off - the seller removed it or not).

Sergey Golubev:
Yes, the EA is still on your Metatrader' Market tab (irrespective off - the seller removed it or not).

Thanks, but I have another question, and this involves the number of activations available for the EA. Now that the EA is no longer available in the MQL5 Market, can I just copy the EX4 file of that EA to back it up, and paste it into my own personal folder? Can I then use that EX4 file to install that EA into however many computer that I want to install it to? Will that work?

floraMerano:

Thanks, but I have another question, and this involves the number of activations available for the EA. Now that the EA is no longer available in the MQL5 Market, can I just copy the EX4 file of that EA to back it up, and paste it into my own personal folder? Can I then use that EX4 file to install that EA into however many computer that I want to install it to? Will that work?

No it won't. You need one activation per computer.

floraMerano :

Thank you, but I have another question, and this implies the amount of activities available for the EA. Now that the EA is already available in MQL5 Market , can I copy the EX4 file from that EA to make a backup copy and paste it into my own personal folder? Can I use that EX4 file to install EA on any computer on which I want to install it? Will that work?

You must see how many activations you have the EA that you bought. Normally the providers put 5. If so it means that you can download it in 5 different computers the number of times you want in each computer. I recommend using it only on a computer and make sure you are not removing and reinstalling Windows because it would change the IP address to your computer and when you download your EA again on that computer the MQL5 system recognizes it as a new computer and that makes you be without EA in a short time. Personal experience lived with one that cost me $ 1,500. I no longer buy an EA if it is not with enough activations is the first thing I tell the seller if I am interested in an EA.

Leonte Felipe Ruiz Suriel:

This is an English language forum.

Please only post in English

I have used the site's translation tool and edited your post.

Reason: