Download EA from Market and copy .ex4 to another computer

Hi, 

I've downloaded several free EA from the Market (Download and Installation function) and they work fine on that specific computer.

But when i manually copy the .ex4 EA file from one computer to another from the expert folder the EA will not load.

To get it to work on another computer or vps server I have to download the EA again from the Market on that specific computer

in order to get  to load. 

Anyone can shed some light on this issue?

And how to get around it?

Jo han:

Hi, 

I've downloaded several free EA from the Market (Download and Installation function) and they work fine on that specific computer.

But when i manually copy the .ex4 EA file from one computer to another from the expert folder the EA will not load.

To get it to work on another computer or vps server I have to download the EA again from the Market on that specific computer

That is a security feature. All software downloaded from the Market is linked to a computer and metatrader terminal and mql5 account.

These links get broken every time there is a major Windows update

Jo han:

Hi, 

You need to login with your MQL5 community account on the other computer and download these free EAs again.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You need to login with your MQL5 community account on the other computer and download these free EAs again.

Ok. But what happens if i spent weeks and months in optimizing and frwdtesting a free EA from the market.

Then I need to change VPS or Computer for some reason.

I then go to the Market and the developer has removed the EA from the market or updated the EA to a newer version that I haven't optimized or

frwd tested. How do i then install the EA on my new computer or VPS?

Jo han:

Ok. But what happens if i spent weeks and months in optimizing and frwdtesting a free EA from the market.

Then I need to change VPS or Computer for some reason.

I then go to the Market and the developer has removed the EA from the market or updated the EA to a newer version that I haven't optimized or

frwd tested. How do i then install the EA on my new computer or VPS?

You use the same MQL5 account to login into MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab and then go to the Purchased option of the Market tab, down in the Terminal/Toolbox window.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You use the same MQL5 account to login into MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab and then go to the Purchased option of the Market tab, down in the Terminal/Toolbox window.Sweee

Sweeet, thanks alot, that works!

Will a local copy of an EA that I have marked as a favorite still be available

from my mql5 account even if the developer choose to discontinue.

Or does that only apply to purchased EAs?

/J 

Jo han:

Sweeet, thanks alot, that works!

Will a local copy of an EA that I have marked as a favorite still be available

from my mql5 account even if the developer choose to discontinue.

Or does that only apply to purchased EAs?

/J 

If you are talking about an EA (free or paid) that was downloaded and installed through your MQL5 community account, yes.

Great thanks for the help, appreciate it!

Best Regards, 

Johan

this didn't work for me. i went to my vps and logged in to mql5 account on mt4 but nothing was showing in market tab-purchased.
is there any other way?
Reason: