Order Close Error 138, any ideas?

Would appreciate the help!

if(IsTrade()==false)

{
      if(adx3_1<adx2_1 && adx3>=adx2)
      {
         int closebuyticket = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,Slippage,clrChartreuse);
         Print("Buy Order Closed");
      }   
      else;

if((adx2<adx3 && adx2_2<adx2_1 && adx2_1<adx2)||(adx1>adx3 && adx1>adx2 && adx3_1>adx2_1 && adx3<adx2))
      {
          int closesellticket = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,Slippage,clrChartreuse);
          Print("Sell Order Closed");
      }
    }      
      else;

if(IsTrade())
    {
      if(adx1>adx3 && adx1>adx2 && adx3_1>adx2_1 && adx3<adx2)
      {
         int buyticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,Ask - StopLoss * Point * P,Ask + TakeProfit * Point * P,TradeComment,Magic,0,clrBlue);
         Print("Buy Order Complete");
      }   
      else;

if(adx1<adx3 && adx1<adx2 && adx3_1<adx2_1 && adx3>adx2)
      {
          int sellticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,Slippage,Bid + StopLoss * Point * P,Bid - TakeProfit * Point * P,TradeComment,Magic,0,clrRed);
          Print("Sell Order Complete");
      }
      return(0);
   }
   return(0);   
}

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
bool IsTrade()
{
   int limit = OrdersTotal();
   for(int i=0;i<limit;i++)
   {
      if(!OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS))
      {
         Print("could not select order");
         return false;
      }
      if(OrderMagicNumber()==Magic)
      {
         return false;
      }
   }
   return true;

}

Please format your code using the </> button in the editor menu. Use the styler to indent your code properly. (MetaEditor - Tools - Styler)

You have put a semicolon behind your else commands, that literally means 'else do nothing'. So it seems the whole if-else constructs need rebalancing.

lippmaje:

Please format your code using the </> button in the editor menu. Use the styler to indent your code properly. (MetaEditor - Tools - Styler)

You have put a semicolon behind your else commands, that literally means 'else do nothing'. So it seems the whole if-else constructs need rebalancing.

Thanks,

Ive removed the ; after the else.  About the buttons, I'm not sure what you are referring to.  looked for any such button and could not find it.

Gary Heard:

Thanks,

Ive removed the ; after the else.  About the buttons, I'm not sure what you are referring to.  looked for any such button and could not find it.

Gary Heard:

Thanks,

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/24#editor - Features of the message editor. See the </> button?
MQL5.community - User Memo
  • www.mql5.com
You can now not only read articles and download MQL5 programs, but you can also join discussions on the forum, leave comments on articles and source codes, rate MQL5 programs and share your own developments in the Code Base, and even publish articles for a decent fee (see Become an Author at MQL5.com!). MQL5.com services are constantly...

Thank you.  I see the other user was refering to the message editor.  Sorry,  here is my code.

int start()
  {

double   adx1           = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0);
   double   adx2           = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,0);
   double   adx3           = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MINUSDI,0);
   double   adx1_1         = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1);
   double   adx2_1         = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,1);
   double   adx3_1         = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MINUSDI,1);
   double   adx1_2         = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,2);
   double   adx2_2         = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,2);
   double   adx3_2         = iADX(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,14,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MINUSDI,2);
   double   macd           = iMACD(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1);

if(IsTrade()==false)
     {
        {
         int closebuyticket=OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,Slippage,clrChartreuse);
         Print("Buy Order Closed");
        }
      else

if((adx2<adx3 && adx2_2<adx2_1 && adx2_1<adx2) || (adx1>adx3 && adx1>adx2 && adx3_1>adx2_1 && adx3<adx2))
        {
         int closesellticket=OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,Slippage,clrChartreuse);
         Print("Sell Order Closed");
        }
     }
   else

if(IsTrade())
     {
      if(adx1>adx3 && adx1>adx2 && adx3_1>adx2_1 && adx3<adx2)
        {
         int buyticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,Ask-StopLoss*Point*P,Ask+TakeProfit*Point*P,TradeComment,Magic,0,clrBlue);
         Print("Buy Order Complete");
        }
      else

if(adx1<adx3 && adx1<adx2 && adx3_1<adx2_1 && adx3>adx2)
        {
         int sellticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,Slippage,Bid+StopLoss*Point*P,Bid-TakeProfit*Point*P,TradeComment,Magic,0,clrRed);
         Print("Sell Order Complete");
        }
      return(0);
     }
   return(0);
  }
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
bool IsTrade()
  {
   int limit= OrdersTotal();
   for(int i=0;i<limit;i++)
     {
      if(!OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS))
        {
         Print("could not select order");
         return false;
        }
      if(OrderMagicNumber()==Magic)
        {
         return false;
        }
     }
   return true;

}
  • www.mql5.com
You can now not only read articles and download MQL5 programs, but you can also join discussions on the forum, leave comments on articles and source codes, rate MQL5 programs and share your own developments in the Code Base, and even publish articles for a decent fee (see Become an Author at MQL5.com!). MQL5.com services are constantly...

Error 138 is ERR_REQUOTE, which means the price (specifically, the values of Ask and Bid) has changed when you call OrderClose(). Hence a call to RefreshRates() within a loop that repeatedly tests for the return value of OrderClose() will solve the problem. Exit the loop only when OrderClose() returns a true.

Seng Joo Thio:
Error 138 is ERR_REQUOTE, which means the price has changed when you call OrderClose(). Hence a call to RefreshRates() within a loop that repeatedly tests for the return value of OrderClose() will solve the problem. Exit the loop only when OrderClose() returns a true.

Thanks Seng,  I was afraid you would say that because I don't know how :) 

on to something new to learn I guess.

Thanks again.

Why should it be required to refresh quotes when the program jumps right away from OnTick into the order close logic?

I think this error could also happen when you try to close a sell order at the Bid or a buy order at the Ask.

So I suspect the order close logic in some cases tries to close a Buy when a Sell is opened, or vice versa.

Say, when this condition comes true

why are you sure that the actual open order is a Buy?

lippmaje:

Why should it be required to refresh quotes when the program jumps right away from OnTick into the order close logic?

I think this error could also happen when you try to close a sell order at the Bid or a buy order at the Ask.

So I suspect the order close logic in some cases tries to close a Buy when a Sell is opened, or vice versa.

Say, when this condition comes true

why are you sure that the actual open order is a Buy?

lipmaje, yes you are right. I had bid in the close sell order.

Reason: