Data Screen Technical Indicator - symbols input

Hi all,

My first post here after standing on the sidelines. I'm more from a markets side rather than a coder/developer so apologies in advance for any shockers!

I'm trying to amend a data screen technical indicator, currently the indicator displays all symbols in my MarketWatch thanks to 'SymbolsTotal', however i would like to display currency pairs defined as an input by the user.

Below is the snippet of the current code defining this function:

void DrawScanner()

{
   Print("=============>DrawScanner");
   for(int x=0; x<SymbolsTotal(true); x++)
     {
      DrawSymbol(SymbolName(x,true),x);
     }

}

I have already created an input string 'input string IncludeSymbols = "AUDNZDx1,AUDJPYx1,AUDUxx......'

I have tried numerous ways to add the IncludeSymbols input into the above with no success, can someone please help to point me in the right direction? :-)

SJCFX:

I have already created an input string 'input string IncludeSymbols = "AUDNZDx1,AUDJPYx1,AUDUxx......'

I have tried numerous ways to add the IncludeSymbols input into the above with no success, can someone please help to point me in the right direction? :-)

1. You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help
              urgent help.

"I have tried numerous" is usually what people say when they haven't tried anything. Why didn't you show us some of your "tried" and state what the problem is?

2. Did you try StringSplit to create an array of symbols (from your IncludeSymbols) and loop through the array. What is the problem?

3. When you post code please use the CODE button (Alt-S)! (For large amounts of code, attach it.) Please edit your (original) post.
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
              Messages Editor

Reason: