Why there is no email sent though the email setting and testing is successful?

I've set the email sending correctly and the testing is also successful. But in fact when an alert comes, I haven't got any email. In the Journal there is no record as well.

What could be the problem?

Thansk!

Whats the code like ?

Marco vd Heijden:
Whats the code like ?

I wrote a simple EA code as follow:

void OnStart()
 {
 SendMail("MT4 Email Alert", "Hey there! Just letting you know that you have just "+
 "made a profit on your FOREX account! Good job.");
 }

Everytiem when I move this EA onto the chart, an email is sent and I got the email. This means this works.

But in MT4 one can set alert on the chart and one can select you will the sound or mail etc. I chose the mail but no email is sent after the alert is ticked.

I also bought an EA. When an entry signal comes there will be an alert ticked and an email should be sent. But this doesn't work. but the autor of this EA told me it works by him.

this code works you just need to add or replace it with Alert() or SendNotification() functions.

I don't understand so much what do you mean here. 

I have two problems:

In MT4 one can set alert on the chart and one can select you will the sound or mail etc. I chose the mail but no email is sent after the alert is ticked.

I bought an EA. When an entry signal comes there will be an alert ticked and an email should be sent. But this doesn't work. but the autor of this EA told me it works by him. He said there should be problem by mail-setting by me. So I wrote a simple code as above to test it.

You need to call SeandMail or SendNotification to send the actual alerts.

In the case of enabled push notifications you will receive mobile alerts on trade transactions if you have set that property in the tools notification settings for email this is different you have to call the function in the code.

If that simple function works then it shows that the settings are correct.

I am not sure if there is misunderstanding  between us.

>>You need to call SeandMail or SendNotification to send the actual alerts.

Where should I call this function? In my code? But it is not about my code. I wrote my code just to test if my Email setting is correct or not.

Besides, the EA I bought is an ex4 file, not a mq4 file. So I can't change anything.

So if it's not about the code then what is it about ?

In MT4 you can set an alert on a chart. And you can chose the action, sound, email or notification etc. First I chose the sound. I click the button Test and I here the sound. And in the fact, when the alert is ticked, I hear the sound as well. Then I chose the Mail. I click the button Test but got no email. And in fact, after the alert is ticked, I got no email.

Here has nothing  to do with the code, right?

The EA I bought is not a mq4 but an ex4 file. I can't change the code.

Okay so if the test mail isn't send then there is something wrong with the settings.

What I can't understand is, it works with my simple code but not by the MT4 alert settings when I chose the action of Email. I've deinstalled and new install the MT4. But htis doesn't help.

How about by you? Does it work by you by the alert setting when you chose the action of Email?

I am not  sure if many other MT4 users have the same problem as mein.

My MT4 version is buld 1170. Maybe a bug by this version?

Reason: