Email Alert in MT4: Will it still be active after Computer is off?

Hi all,

I just recently activate my Email Alert in MT4. I set up the smtp using online service by GMX.com. Everything works great. Alert got sent to my email, etc.

I am wondering whether this email alert thing works just like EA; that it will remain active as long as the Computer running the MT4 is also still on. Is that the case or alert emails will keep on sending regardless?

Please advise on the above.

Thanks!

Nope. Alerts work only if your MT4 is running. I suggest you use a VPS so the MT4 can be running 24/7 and this way you won't miss out. Let me know if you need help.

Also... besides email alerts, I use the FTP publishing of statements (60 min duration). It works real nice and I don't have to login to my VPS all the time.

If your computer is off then MT4 email alert will not work. MT4 must be running to get alert on email ID.

if an indicator on mt4 does not have email/push alert but you have a vps running, will that alert from mt4 still get sent to your mobile/email?

laptoplifestyle: if an indicator on mt4 does not have email/push alert but you have a vps running, will that alert from mt4 still get sent to your mobile/email?

Makes no sense. "if an indicator on mt4 does not have email/push alert" it can't send anything. What alert?

Reason: