Synchronise charts

Hi,

I'd like to share an EA which I use in trading as an indicator.

If I see the same signal on multiple charts, example, EUR/USD and EUR/JPY, then I trade.

For this I needed a way to automatically switch timeframes and scroll charts according to the settings of a "main" chart.

I've been searching but haven't found a solution so I slapped it together myself.

Open multiple charts, tile the windows, then attach the EA to the charts.

Chart settings will follow the first chart: bar/candle/line, timeframe, zoom, starting candle number.

It's not perfect, sometimes you have to restart MT5, but it's very comfortable for me. Save it to:

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts\

Enjoy.

Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartFirst
  • www.mql5.com
Chart Operations / ChartFirst - Documentation on MQL5
Files:

what is the purpose for this EA(indicator)?

The purpose is to scroll / zoom / adjust all open charts according to the settings of the first chart.

Why?

An example - if you want to look back how the flash-crash which happened in May, looks on different yen pairs, you can open some yen pair charts, attach the EA then scroll back the first chart and the others will follow.

Or if you want to see how last year's SNB interventions on EUR/CHF affected the other CHF pairs ... pull up EUR/CHF along with other CHF charts, scroll it back, change timeframe, etc, and the other charts will be in sync.

Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartFirst
  • www.mql5.com
Chart Operations / ChartFirst - Documentation on MQL5

what is the purpose for this EA(indicator)?

Finger, hats off, and thanks for the spectacular demonstration. :)

The EA is handy when you're looking at correlated pairs, eg. GBP/USD + GBP/JPY, etc.

If I have it on 7 or 8 EUR pairs, I often have to restart the terminal after 5-15 mins because it starts misbehaving. Like some charts switch to bar chart, while the main chart is still candle chart.

Or, I have a red "Label0" displayed top left of the chart, instead of yellow "Synced". I have the feeling that label creation succeeded but the EA terminated before it had the chance to set the text to "Synced".

Basically what I'm saying is, with more than half a dozen charts open and instances of the EA running, the terminal can get unstable after 5-15 mins.

Reason: