Disable manual trading when a EA is running

Is it possible to disable manual trading (i.e. closing EA opened positions) when the EA is running in order to not interfere with the EA?

No.

You code has to be able to deal with that.

How about the answers from our friends? What is help?

It's not possible.

You can definitively close opened trades, both manual and automated, from the "Trade" tab, just click on the X at the right most cell of each open trade line. Although that will not disable new trades. It looks to me you're asking two different questions in one.

does anyone in the modification? could possibly be.

That's most likely an XY problem. I wouldn't bother unless OP clarifies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_problem
XY problem - Wikipedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
The XY problem is a communication problem encountered in help desk and similar situations in which the real issue, X, of the person asking for help is obscured, because instead of asking directly about issue X, they ask how to solve a secondary issue, Y, which they believe will allow them to resolve issue X. However, resolving issue Y often...

The use of EA, or trading robot can be more risky than manual trading, if the robot used is not equipped with a good money management algorithm.

Stefano Piovesan: Is it possible to disable manual trading (i.e. closing EA opened positions) when the EA is running in order to not interfere with the EA?

Start the EA and then simply minimize the terminal and leave it that way.

If You are concerned about open positions Advisor, You should move away from the monitor and do other things

William Roeder:

Start the EA and then simply minimize the terminal and leave it that way.

I love this answer! Succinct and works perfectly!
Reason: