I think I found a bug in the Automatic product validation while listing product in MQL5 market

Hello,

Earlier I made a post on this this issue but people seems to misinterpret my issue with compile time error. here's the topic

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/300946

As you know that the proof reading is done now my an Automatic product validation. So there is no human to whom I can explain this. If you are a seller and you have gone through this then please help me clarify whether the problem is in my code or in the Automatic product validation script? I am telling this because I heard that its a new system and its common for any new software to have bugs in it.

BR

Syed

Hi, I want to upgrade my product but I get error on Invalid volumes in trade operations
Hi, I want to upgrade my product but I get error on Invalid volumes in trade operations
  • www.mql5.com
I get this error from the automatic validation test on EURUSD,H1 2017.04.24 00:00:00 ROBONACCI EURUSD,H1: OrderSend error 131 2017.04...

Syed Oarasul Islam:

Hello,

Earlier I made a post on this this issue but people seems to misinterpret my issue with compile time error. here's the topic

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/300946

As you know that the proof reading is done now my an Automatic product validation. So there is no human to whom I can explain this. If you are a seller and you have gone through this then please help me clarify whether the problem is in my code or in the Automatic product validation script? I am telling this because I heard that its a new system and its common for any new software to have bugs in it.

BR

Syed

I think it is in your code..

Che Jeib Che Said:
I think it is in your code..

What makes you think so? If I use fixed lot 0.01 size then why should it be error from my side? Its not an invalid trade volume.

Syed Oarasul Islam:

What makes you think so? If I use fixed lot 0.01 size then why should it be error from my side? Its not an invalid trade volume.

It may be for some symbols. Always check that it is a valid lot size for the symbol.

Keith Watford:

It may be for some symbols. Always check that it is a valid lot size for the symbol.

If you have looked at the error logs then you would have seen that the error is coming from the EURUSD 1H. So 0.01 is not a valid trade volume for this symbol?

Syed Oarasul Islam:

If you have looked at the error logs then you would have seen that the error is coming from the EURUSD 1H. So 0.01 is not a valid trade volume for this symbol?

Check if your EA still tries to send an order when you do not have enough money in the account also NormalizeDouble is your friend.

Syed Oarasul Islam:

What if the user is testing on the “broker” that use minimum lot of say 0.1lot?

John Davis:

Check if your EA still tries to send an order when you do not have enough money in the account also NormalizeDouble is your friend.

Have done all this checking here

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2555#invalid_lot

My EA does not produce any error message while testing locally. Also my previous version got approved with the same order management function.

The checks a trading robot must pass before publication in the Market
The checks a trading robot must pass before publication in the Market
  • www.mql5.com
Before any product is published in the Market, it must undergo compulsory preliminary checks, as a small error in the expert or indicator logic can cause losses on the trading account. That is why we have developed a series of basic checks to ensure the required quality level of the Market products. If any errors are identified by the Market...

Mohamad Zulhairi Baba:
What if the user is testing on the “broker” that use minimum lot of say 0.1lot?

Its an automatic process that runs the test on the MQL5 server. However I will try to resubmit the code for validation with 0.1 fixed lot size and see what happens. 

Syed Oarasul Islam:

Its an automatic process that runs the test on the MQL5 server. However I will try to resubmit the code for validation with 0.1 fixed lot size and see what happens. 

Does the EA use a fixed lot size that is hard coded or can it be changed in the inputs?

Keith Watford:

Does the EA use a fixed lot size that is hard coded or can it be changed in the inputs?

It can be changed in the inputs.

Reason: