What is the avg rate for dev hire

What is the going rate and the process to call on a dev to construct a utility for private use. Does anyone know the process? Thank you

Whatever you are willing to pay for it, but it starts at $30 on freelance.

This does not mean you will get quality work though.

Marco vd Heijden:

Whatever you are willing to pay for it, but it starts at $30 on freelance.

This does not mean you will get quality work though.

Thanks for the reply Marco. Then as a an arbitrary number would half a grand get me quality?

This does not depend on the amount of cash you are prepared to trow at it, but your ability to pick the right developer for the task(s).

Marco vd Heijden:
This does not depend on the amount of cash you are prepared to trow at it, but your ability to pick the right developer for the task(s).

I see. How do you distinguish the level of devs? There are a lot of them that I see that have decent tools but people don't really buy them for one reason or another.

How do I go about looking for one in the future? Just post here on the forum?

One other question can a good dev look at an old or soon to be obsolete expert advisor and create one similar for a new MTx roleout? How hard would that be for him/her?

Depends on the skills of the developer and also on how well you are able to understand one another.

Usually someone orders some tasks with different developers until they find one that is easy to talk with and delivers the work within the desired time slot and the work functions as desired then the customer can decided to open a personal job next time and stick with the one developer.

You can always post a job and talk to them first.

The rating system works both ways, not only for the developer but also for the customer.

Marco vd Heijden:

Depends on the skills of the developer and also on how well you are able to understand one another.

Usually someone orders some tasks with different developers until they find one that is easy to talk with and delivers the work within the desired time slot and the work functions as desired then the customer can decided to open a personal job next time and stick with the one developer.

You can always post a job and talk to them first.

The rating system works both ways, not only for the developer but also for the customer.

Okay, this helps me a lot. It makes sense now that I can try to connect with an experienced dev here and interview them so to speak when the time comes. You're help is greatly appreciated Marco. Thank you very much!

blueskiesfx:
Okay, this helps me a lot. It makes sense now that I can try to connect with an experienced dev here and interview them so to speak when the time comes. You're help is greatly appreciated Marco. Thank you very much!

If you want to connect with a developer, please do it in the Freelance section, not here in the forum.

Reason: