PlayOnMac Asking for Proxy Settings During MT5 Installation

Hi all,

After checking the entire forum and Google with no luck, I am posting this article to request some help.

I have installed the latest version of PlayOnMac, including 3.21 of Wine. After running the MT5 installation software, I get the following pop-up window - see attached file. I cannot get past this window, if I click cancel it ends the installation, if I click OK it does not let me go anywhere.

How do I resolve this issue to get past the Proxy Server window? FYI I have tried the tips on other forum posts that claim to have the same problem with no luck; just in case you point me towards those same forum posts :-/

Thank you!

I am trying to find something related on the forum ... it is the first I found - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1755

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.01.18 11:08

We recommend anyone who has long been using 32-bit Wine for MetaTrader 5 due to the past incompatibility with the 64-bit terminal to upgrade Wine to the latest 64-bit version and re-install MetaTrader 5 in 64 bits.

Besides, make sure to set the Wine compatibility mode to at least Windows 7 instead of the default Windows XP. No more updates for Windows XP/2003/Vista will be released.

We are also halting the development of the 32-bit versions of the MetaTrader 5 terminals. The updates for 32-bit MetaTrader 5 are to be completely stopped soon.

Error when installing Metatrader 4 or 5 in Mac HELP PLEASE!

Marco vd Heijden, 2018.03.24 08:39

Your wine is still in windows XP mode.

You need to go into settings and set it to windows 7 or higher.

macOS - WineHQ Wiki
  • wiki.winehq.org
Translations of this page: Français (Translators, please see Discussion page.)

About proxy - there are some solutions in the end of this small thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/35098
You can read the thread ... and it is the last post of the thread - 

Metatrader 5 Installation Proxy

rafaelrosa, 2018.09.14 00:07

I had the same problem and the solution I found was:

Open System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies > 

Enable the first box: Auto Proxy Discovery

Enable the second box: "Automatic Proxy Configuration" and fill the box "Proxy Configuration File" with the URL provided by your internet provider. 

Enable the box: "Exclude Simple Hostnames"

Fill the box "Bypass proxy settings for these Hosts and Domains" with as much information about your Trading Broker and Metatrader. Like:  *demo.mt5.com , *xpi.com.br, *xpmt5.com, *portal.xpi.com.br, *metatrader5.com, 

And also, make sure you are using the last Updated Wine version. It worked for me.

• www.mql5.com
Hello, I have some trouble to install Metatrader 4 or 5...

Hi Sergey,

Much appreciate the quick response and references to other articles ... regrettably, none of them work :-((( ... any other ideas?

Thank you!

Is it 32 or 64 bit ?

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 
wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key
sudo apt-key add Release.key
sudo apt-add-repository https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-staging
WINEARCH=win32 winecfg

I am installing the 32-bit version on Mac OS X; not sure how to make it install as 64-bit if that is the solution :-/

No that is not the solution but it's worth mentioning which one you are using.
Reason: