Can I disable/monitor Signal trading from EA?

Hi.

Last week, I experienced one my subscribed signal made a huge error leading the big loss.

The worst part is that somehow it repeated opening and closing the same trade on my end, and if I didn't manually disable the signal, it would have blown my whole account.

My question is, is there any way to disable/pause receiving the signal from EA?

I can check if there is such an error by checking the trade holding time, but I don't know how to disable the signal.

Thanks.

jiehooni:

Hi.

Last week, I experienced one my subscribed signal made a huge error leading the big loss.

The worst part is that somehow it repeated opening and closing the same trade on my end, and if I didn't manually disable the signal, it would have blown my whole account.

My question is, is there any way to disable/pause receiving the signal from EA?

I can check if there is such an error by checking the trade holding time, but I don't know how to disable the signal.

Thanks.

on Mql5 website select signals, press signals / meta trade 5, select my subskripion, select the gear symbol, select suspension. complete. Then you can activate it whenever you want. I did it on Max Pips 2019, but two late. lost 70% 😬 on a damn technical error ...... that's not to happen.

How can I can disable a copy trade signal on my Meta trader in my VPS without unsubscribing
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189920#comment_4866319 

Pause or cancel subscription - 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/273638#comment_8409454

DISABLING MY COPY TRADE
DISABLING MY COPY TRADE
  • www.mql5.com
Please, How can I can disable a copy trade signal on my Meta trader in my VPS without unsubscribing. Thanks...

Thanks for the answers, guys.

But I regret that I wasn't very clear about what I was asking.

Is there any way to disable/pause the signal trading 'FROM EA' by coding, not from MT4 terminal or website so that I can automate the process when I am not in front of my computer?

Thanks again.

jiehooni:

Thanks for the answers, guys.

But I regret that I wasn't very clear about what I was asking.

Is there any way to disable/pause the signal trading 'FROM EA' by coding, not from MT4 terminal or website so that I can automate the process when I am not in front of my computer?

Thanks again.

Yes, code EA to cotrol MT4 and change setting of Signal.

Nguyen Nga:

Yes, code EA to cotrol MT4 and change setting of Signal.

Good to hear that, could you tell me little more about how to disable the signal trading from EA then?

jiehooni:

Good to hear that, could you tell me little more about how to disable the signal trading from EA then?

You must code it work like you manual disable Signal

Nguyen Nga:

Come on, seriously?

Is that all you can say?

Try to use this: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/signals
Documentation on MQL5: Trade Signals
Documentation on MQL5: Trade Signals
  • www.mql5.com
Trade Signals - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

love the quick response when one needs help.... thumbs up!

Nguyen Nga:

Hi there is no need to code, for eg to pause signal you can set equity less than field. When setting this field, mql will "obey" the settings n KILL all open trades n pause the copying of new trades or recopying of current open trades till equity > than your settings.

But this setting as explained will make mql trade copying logic KILL/CLOSE all open trades! It does pause the signal but does not retain your trades. If you want to self manage without killing you can monitor it easily with myfxbook

1) register at myfxbook site n download myfxbook EA and place onto 1 chart by itself. Select properties of that chart not to have anythingies except black n white background n foreground, especially DO NOT have any colors for bars etc to reduce cpu usage on this chart

2) set the myfxbook EA with your myfxbook login ID + password n number of minutes to update myfxbook

3) once your acct gets published onto myfxbook, goto myfxbook (you may need to wait for about 5mins if you default the publish time to 5mins) and

a) SETUP Your ACCT Properties

click on the "Portfolio" tab on top of myfxbook site and name your acct, set the server of the brokerage etc etc (just follow the fields to setup your accts) n remember to click save

b) SETUP myfxbook ALERT

click on "Home" tab and you should be able to view your acct.(refer myfxbook.png)

there is an "alert" icon in the shape of a bell. SETUP the alerts using eg EQUITY LESS THAN selection (refer alerts.png)

Once equity breached the settings you will get an email (the email u used to register an acct in myfxbook site)

as the example shown this is my settings for my own acct. There are at least 10 settings for alerts and you can choose and set whatever is most suited to your needs ( eg you can choose to monitor balance, gain% etc etc). Please also note myfxbook wont keep notifying you. It notified once per level, eg for me if equity is 94%, it send email 1x, equity is 93% it wont send again, but if equity is 89% it send again. Also note its not exact science due to some logic processing needed n time needed to generate n send the alert, and also prices moved very very fast. Thus you may get an email when equity is eg 91% instead of when equity is 94.99% (in my setting example)

Hope this is more helpful than spent time to code or learn to code or get freebie service to provide an EA when an EA is out there free to use.

DO NOTE I prefer to use myfxbook EA as its more responsive and can publish or update my statements faster than using automated myfxbook publishing services. They have automated publishing services WITHOUT downloading an EA. You can explore on myfxbook site to find answers to what you need. Its easy enuf to follow the prompts

Happy New Year!

Files:
Reason: