Discussion of article "MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming"

New article MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming is published:

Do you want to try out a trading strategy while wasting no time for programming? In MQL5 Wizard you can simply select the type of trading signals, add modules of trailing positions and money management - and your work is done! Create your own implementations of modules or order them via the Jobs service - and combine your new modules with existing ones.

Fig. 5. Select the Algorithm of Trade Signals

Author: MetaQuotes Software Corp.

I do not see SignalCrossEMA in my expert/money directory

What is wrong?

Thanks

Eli

Unfortunately, this moldue doesn't include in current version of Standard Library. See discuss for the article MQL5 Wizard: New Version

i am setting up new EAs on my Metaeditor. the new EAs are appearing in Meta editor but when i open the MT5 they are not appearing in the Expert advisores list. what could be the problem?

simplesolid:

i am setting up new EAs on my Metaeditor. the new EAs are appearing in Meta editor but when i open the MT5 they are not appearing in the Expert advisores list. what could be the problem?

Where is located your file ? Which directory ?

I have been reading on the EA Wizard and started to have a play.  I wanted to use a 'Trade Signals Based on Price Crossover with Moving Average, confirmed by ADX' as documented at https://www.mql5.com/en/code/258 but this option does not seem to appear on the dropdown box.

Is it possible to add or import this into the wizard?

tx

Rob 

MQL5 Wizard - Trade Signals Based on Price Crossover with Moving Average, confirmed by ADX
MQL5 Wizard - Trade Signals Based on Price Crossover with Moving Average, confirmed by ADX
  • votes: 3
  • www.mql5.com
Trade signals based on price crossover with moving average indicator confirmed by ADX (CSignalADX_MA from MQL5 Standard Library) is considered. The code of the Expert Advisor based on this strategy can be generated automatically using the MQL5 Wizard.

RobLangley:

I have been reading on the EA Wizard and started to have a play.  I wanted to use a 'Trade Signals Based on Price Crossover with Moving Average, confirmed by ADX' as documented at https://www.mql5.com/en/code/258 but this option does not seem to appear on the dropdown box.

Is it possible to add or import this into the wizard?

tx

Rob 

Can you please read the discussion before posting. As Rosh said above, this module was made for the first version of the Wizard, it can not be used as is with the current (second version). You have to adapt the code, or ask someone to do it for you.

Forum

Discussion of article "MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming"

Rosh, 2011.08.04 13:08

Unfortunately, this module doesn't include in current version of Standard Library. See discuss for the article MQL5 Wizard: New Version

See also this topic All about MQL5 Wizard : create robots without programming.

angevoyageur:

Can you please read the discussion before posting. As Rosh said above, this module was made for the first version of the Wizard, it can not be used as is with the current (second version). You have to adapt the code, or ask someone to do it for you.

Sorry.... it was just that the article I quoted appeared to give conflicting information, with a screenshot of the module in the dropdown of the wizard.  So wonder how this was done.

Maybe I will try adding the 'Wizard description start' header with parameters that I have since read about and see if I can get it to work.

Apologies again.

Rob 

In the example " creating expert advisors without programming ",  strategy testing the same example - i get a declining graph result also using different inputs - i cannot get the same

result as shown in the example !

artsedge:

In the example " creating expert advisors without programming ",  strategy testing the same example - i get a declining graph result also using different inputs - i cannot get the same

result as shown in the example !

The testing results depend on historical data (also check dates and inputs), for MetaQuotes-Demo the testing results corresponds to the data from the article.

e

Why there is no trading signal? I follow the article produced by ea:https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/171

chart euruse 1m. Code used downloaded.

why ?

MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming
MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Do you want to try out a trading strategy while wasting no time for programming? In MQL5 Wizard you can simply select the type of trading signals, add modules of trailing positions and money management - and your work is done! Create your own implementations of modules or order them via the Jobs service - and combine your new modules with existing ones.
Files:
11.png  69 kb
22.png  60 kb
33.jpg  55 kb
44.jpg  68 kb
Reason: