switch_action= 0;
   if(compArray[0] == "close")
      switch_action= 4;
   if(compArray[0] == "data666")
      switch_action= 3;
double CheckNews=0;
   if(AfterNewsStop>0)
     {
      if(TimeCurrent()-LastUpd>=Upd){Comment("News Loading...");Print("News Loading...");UpdateNews();LastUpd=TimeCurrent();Comment("");}
      WindowRedraw();
      //---Draw a line on the chart news--------------------------------------------
      if(DrawLines)
        {
         for(int i=0;i<NomNews;i++)
           {
            string Name=StringSubstr(TimeToStr(TimeNewsFunck(i),TIME_MINUTES)+"_"+NewsArr[1][i]+"_"+NewsArr[3][i],0,63);
            if(NewsArr[3][i]!="")if(ObjectFind(Name)==0)continue;
            if(StringFind(str1,NewsArr[1][i])<0)continue;
            if(TimeNewsFunck(i)<TimeCurrent() && Next)continue;

color clrf = clrNONE;
            if(Vhigh && StringFind(NewsArr[2][i],"High")>=0)clrf=highc;
            if(Vmedium && StringFind(NewsArr[2][i],"Moderate")>=0)clrf=mediumc;
            if(Vlow && StringFind(NewsArr[2][i],"Low")>=0)clrf=lowc;

if(clrf==clrNONE)continue;

if(NewsArr[3][i]!="")
              {
               ObjectCreate(Name,0,OBJ_VLINE,TimeNewsFunck(i),0);
               ObjectSet(Name,OBJPROP_COLOR,clrf);
               ObjectSet(Name,OBJPROP_STYLE,Style);
               ObjectSetInteger(0,Name,OBJPROP_BACK,true);
              }
           }
        }
      //---------------event Processing------------------------------------
      int i;
      CheckNews=0;
      for(i=0;i<NomNews;i++)
        {
         int power=0;
         if(Vhigh && StringFind(NewsArr[2][i],"High")>=0)power=1;
         if(Vmedium && StringFind(NewsArr[2][i],"Moderate")>=0)power=2;
         if(Vlow && StringFind(NewsArr[2][i],"Low")>=0)power=3;
         if(power==0)continue;
         if(TimeCurrent()+MinBefore*60>TimeNewsFunck(i) && TimeCurrent()-MinAfter*60<TimeNewsFunck(i) && StringFind(str1,NewsArr[1][i])>=0)
           {
            CheckNews=1;
            break;
           }
         else CheckNews=0;

}
      if(CheckNews==1 && i!=Now && Signal) { Alert("In ",(int)(TimeNewsFunck(i)-TimeCurrent())/60," minutes released news ",NewsArr[1][i],"_",NewsArr[3][i]);Now=i;}
/***  ***/
     }

CHECKTRADE=second_function(switch_action, CheckNews);

}

In my second function I try to return a true value using,

int second_function(int &switch_action, double &CheckNews) 

{

if(NUMOPENTRADES==0 && PLACETRADE==FALSE && switch_action==1 && CheckNews==0) 
        {

PLACETRADE=TRUE;

}

But for whatever reason it never returns TRUE in the second function if I have CheckNews==0

What am I missing?

Or maybe somebody can suggest me a better news filter I can code in?

News EA Template without DLL
News EA Template without DLL
  • www.mql5.com
In essence, this is source code (template) of the Expert Advisor that downloads news from the investing.com, written in the MQL4 without the use of DLL. If you were looking for a way to do this in your product for the Market (use of DLL is not allowed there), then this is what you need. Now anyone can implement the feature of working according...

QuantCoder:
I am trying to implement https://www.mql5.com/en/code/16308

So in my first function I do this,

In my second function I try to return a true value using,

But for whatever reason it never returns TRUE in the second function if I have CheckNews==0

What am I missing?

Or maybe somebody can suggest me a better news filter I can code in?

https://bitbucket.org/nicholishen/mql4-ffevents/src/master/

README
  • bitbucket.org
This is a working demo of the FFEvents library. In order to test this in your MT4 terminal you will need to clone this entire repo into a subfolder in the ../MQL4/Scripts folder and compile with metaeditor. What is this repository for? How do I get set up? Clone repo to a subfolder in the ../MQL4/Scripts folder. Compile FFEvents_example...

nicholi shen:

https://bitbucket.org/nicholishen/mql4-ffevents/src/master/

Sorry but I don't like the way you did your code. It makes it difficult to understand but feel free to share an implementation of your library with my code if you think you can improve my understanding :)

QuantCoder:

Sorry but I don't like the way you did your code. It makes it difficult to understand but feel free to share an implementation of your library with my code if you think you can improve my understanding :)

What about paying for some consultancy if you don't know how to do things in MQL?

Or at least have the decency and humility of accepting what is given to you for free...

QuantCoder:Sorry but I don't like the way you did your code. It makes it difficult to understand but feel free to share an implementation of your library with my code if you think you can improve my understanding :)

I guess we could say even worse of your code - it is sloppy, stringy, disorganised and extremely difficult to read or understand.

@nicholi shen may overemphasize the use of OOP, but his code is clean, well thought-out, logical and easy to read and understand.

Not only did you insult his code but you then had the gall to invite him to code your stuff for you for free?

QuantCoder:

Your reply is unwarranted and ungrateful when somebody has tried to help you.

It is nobody else's fault that you cannot understand the code.

The replies to your post are, on the other hand warranted. 

I have deleted your last two posts as they are petulant and insulting.

Please be more humble when people are trying to help you.

Fernando Carreiro:

I guess we could say even worse of your code - it is sloppy, stringy, disorganised and extremely difficult to read or understand.

@nicholi shen may overemphasize the use of OOP, but his code is clean, well thought-out, logical and easy to read and understand.

Not only did you insult his code but you then had the gall to invite him to code your stuff for you for free?

Thanks Fernando, I appreciate the kind words. The emphasis on OOP comes from my background in python. I like to be able to make extremely complex and encapsulated programs with extremely simple interfaces, and it's just not possible to do that using the old C programming paradigm. It boils down to preference, and I prefer high-level interfaces, while others prefer low-level. So I think it's unfair to classify my style as "overemphasize the use of OOP" because that is a purely subjective opinion based on one's own preference. 

nicholi shen: Thanks Fernando, I appreciate the kind words. The emphasis on OOP comes from my background in python. I like to be able to make extremely complex and encapsulated programs with extremely simple interfaces, and it's just not possible to do that using the old C programming paradigm. It boils down to preference, and I prefer high-level interfaces, while others prefer low-level. So I think it's unfair to classify my style as "overemphasize the use of OOP" because that is a purely subjective opinion based on one's own preference. 

You are welcome, but classifying your code as overemphasized was not a criticism. It was neither "unfair" nor "fair", neither "bad" nor "good" - it was simply an observation, given that most MQL coders, especially newcomers, have a preference and an easier understanding of procedural coding.

Reason: