MT5 Higher Time Frame bug help - page 2

Alain Verleyen:
loool
guess i am wrong for not trusting zip files ?

Joseph Dragon:
guess i am wrong for not trusting zip files ?

Not at all.

It made me think hey smart people do still exist.

Don't trust anybody or anything unless you know and trust it's source.

Joseph Dragon: guess i am wrong for not trusting zip files ?

It just means that based on that information, we can deduce that you would not know what to do with the contents anyway, so you might as well just ignore the ZIP archive and not download it. It will not be able to help you!

Fernando Carreiro:

It just means that based on that information, we can deduce that you would not know what to do with the contents anyway, so you might as well just ignore the ZIP archive and not download it. It will not be able to help you!

I know how to use zip files just fine. I just have a policy when it comes to downloading files. And also , I am obviously not as computer literate as you. I downloaded the files from the codebase. Would I need to move the file after download ?

Joseph Dragon: I know how to use zip files just fine. I just have a policy when it comes to downloading files. And also , I am obviously not as computer literate as you. I downloaded the files from the codebase. Would I need to move the file after download ?

If you don't trust ZIP files than you would trust the contents even less, as they are ".exe" files in this case. So obviously, you would not know what to do with them! Hence, the archive is of no use to you!

EDIT: Irrespective of the ZIP issue, you have still not replied to my post that most matters to you ...

Fernando Carreiro:

I can confirm that it works on build 1881.

Did you place the base Indicator in the correct directory?

Did you set the time-frame parameter to a higher timer-frame or did you just leave it at the default of H4?

I downloaded the files from the code base. Would I need to move the file after download ? I have also tried changing timeframe

Joseph Dragon: I downloaded the files from the code base. Would I need to move the file after download ? I have also tried changing timeframe
  1. You have not told us to what folder you downloaded it to, so I am unable to answer your question.
  2. You still have not answered the question about the time-frame, which I believe is what is causing the issue!
  3. To which time-frame did you set it?

Fernando Carreiro:
  1. You have not told us to what folder you downloaded it to, so I am unable to answer your question.
  2. You still have not answered the question about the time-frame, which I believe is what is causing the issue!
  3. To which time-frame did you set it?

MQL5 > Indicators > Downloads

I just changed timeframe to H1 and back to H4 still no joy.

Joseph Dragon: MQL5 > Indicators > Downloads

I just changed timeframe to H1 and back to H4 still no joy.

1. The Codebase instructions, clearly say: "Place it in <terminal_data_folder>\MQL5\Indicators."
    Do you believe you have complied with those instructions in regards to both files provided by the Codebase?
  2. Your screenshot is of the Daily Chart.
    Do you believe that H4 or H1 is a Higher Time-frame to that of the Daily one?

Fernando Carreiro:
  1. The Codebase instructions, clearly say: "Place it in <terminal_data_folder>\MQL5\Indicators."
    Do you believe you have complied with those instructions in regards to both files provided by the Codebase?
  2. Your screenshot is of the Daily Chart.
    Do you believe that H4 or H1 is a Higher Time-frame to that of the Daily one?

The picture on daily TF was just for reference. I believe everything is in its proper place. I have to go to bed. I will be back tomorrow to try and figure this out. Thank you for the help so far.

Reason: