Indicators: MTF Fractal - page 2

styan:
odomike:

Hi,

Can this indicator effectively mark the Highs and Lows in the chart?

Hello,

I don't understand exactly. The fractal point shows the higher high or lower low if the previous 2 and the next 2 candle can't make higher high or lower low. Maybe it's a good description.

It's a basic tool in the MetaTrader (and other platforms) but my code works in Multi Timeframe and has two "nice" extra feature...

Ok I think that I understand what you meant. Does the MTF Fractal repaint during a live trade?

styan:
odomike:

Hi,

Hello,

I don't understand exactly. The fractal point shows the higher high or lower low if the previous 2 and the next 2 candle can't make higher high or lower low. Maybe it's a good description.

It's a basic tool in the MetaTrader (and other platforms) but my code works in Multi Timeframe and has two "nice" extra feature...

Ok I think that I understand what you meant. Does the MTF Fractal repaint during a live trade?

odomike:
styan:
odomike:

Hi,

Hello,

Of course draws in real-time but the repainting is different than the drawing. The repaint-indicators are use the "data from the future" (it's cheating), that's why these indicators have poor performances in forward tests.

odomike:
styan:
odomike:

Hi,

Hello,

Of course draws in real-time but the repainting is different than the drawing. The repaint-indicators are use the "data from the future" (it's cheating), that's why these indicators have poor performances in forward tests.

Hello styan,

I really like your indicator, but i have a little problem with the custom TF, lets say i put the 4H fractals ona 5M chart, when it draws the lines it stops on any 5M closed over/below the line and it should stop on a 4H closed over/below the line,

another thing is that the indicator coun max bars onthe actual TF instead of counting the bars of the custom TF,ty

Hello styan,

I really like your indicator, but i have a little problem with the custom TF, lets say i put the 4H fractals ona 5M chart, when it draws the lines it stops on any 5M closed over/below the line and it should stop on a 4H closed over/below the line,

another thing is that the indicator coun max bars onthe actual TF instead of counting the bars of the custom TF,ty

bacoazul:

Hello styan,

Thanks, but it's not a problem, this is the normal operation :) As I described: "The “Extend_Line” function draws a horizontal line from the previous fractal point until a candle closes it over." If the indicator doesn't cut the lines where a candle close over than we can see too much lines moreover in the most case the S/R levels are valid until not broken.

We have to use the maxbar for the actual timeframe because the calculation based on the main timeframe and this way is the easiest to keep under control it.

bacoazul:

Hello styan,

Thanks, but it's not a problem, this is the normal operation :) As I described: "The “Extend_Line” function draws a horizontal line from the previous fractal point until a candle closes it over." If the indicator doesn't cut the lines where a candle close over than we can see too much lines moreover in the most case the S/R levels are valid until not broken.

We have to use the maxbar for the actual timeframe because the calculation based on the main timeframe and this way is the easiest to keep under control it.

Nice, ive got some great ideas for this bad boy :)

ForexFBI Forex Robot Testing

Nice, ive got some great ideas for this bad boy :)

ForexFBI Forex Robot Testing

Reason: