Experts: THREE MOVING AVERAGE EA (X3MA EA)

THREE MOVING AVERAGE EA (X3MA EA):

It uses 3 fast MAs to determine entries and exits as well in an event of a crossover.

Author: fred

If use alligator strategy would be useful but this strategy is not clear only losing.

Pretty blue box and info, but the font is to small to read. I back tested many pair and different chart times, and never could get profits. Good try.

Suggest to add stochatics and ADX to confirm OB/OS and trend filter from ADX

was wondering if you have the complete code whose graph in this gray line

Professor53:
If you have the EA close the trades, you will get bad results. That's why your backtesting failed. Just let it open the trades and you close them.

How can It do with GOLD?

princepawn:
If you have the EA close the trades, you will get bad results. That's why your backtesting failed. Just let it open the trades and you close them.
Or alternatively you can use a trailing EA that uses Moving averages to trail. I have personally used it and it makes money. It has nice entries but poor exits so it is all upon you to manage the exits :)

hungtt:
How can It do with GOLD?
First of all test it on big time frames. It is quite profitable if you can anage the trades and let it give you the nice entries that it has.

I backtest this EA, this is good for me. but, one problem I faced which is lotsize. If I use small lotsize like 0.01 this EA did not open any position. Its helps me a lot if you edit this EA for small lotsize use in this trading.

thanks,

symoon

Hi

I think you need add 50MA for test trend

Trend UP

BUY when price UP 50MA

Trend DOWN

SELL when price DOWN 50MA

Reason: