iVolume

Hey all,

i've a stupid question... whats the meaning of iVolume() ? I dont get it. Have read the doc and tried a few examples but still having a echo in my head.

When i use it, is see the value growing with time and at the end of a period it resets to 0. Fine. But why jump the value back and what means it ?

I guess it would be helpful to know how big the trade volume is ..or ?

Thanks and regards, chris

Number of ticks for the specified instrument and timeframe.

Christian Stern:

Hey all,

i've a stupid question... whats the meaning of iVolume() ? I dont get it. Have read the doc and tried a few examples but still having a echo in my head.

When i use it, is see the value growing with time and at the end of a period it resets to 0. Fine. But why jump the value back and what means it ?

I guess it would be helpful to know how big the trade volume is ..or ?

Thanks and regards, chris

Hi,

iVolume is not trade volume,it's for counting new quote for each tick,means new tick coming will be counted by iVolume for each candle by time-frame,

double volume=iVolume(_Symbol,PERIOD_H1,0);

It shows the current H1 timeframe bar tick volume,so for new candle it will be from 1,not zero,

Mehrdad Jeddi:

Hi,

iVolume is not trade volume,it's for counting new quote for each tick,means new tick coming will be counted by iVolume for each candle by time-frame,

It shows the current H1 timeframe bar tick volume,so for new candle it will be from 1,not zero,

okay, thank you and how can i access the trade volume. i stuck, searching since morning and have eaten tons of words. Just want to know, ofar possible the trade volume of the current request.

Thanks

Christian Stern:

okay, thank you and how can i access the trade volume. i stuck, searching since morning and have eaten tons of words. Just want to know, ofar possible the trade volume of the current request.

Thanks

No,it's impossible,there is not such function to check current trade volume(depth of market volume) of the broker,

Mehrdad Jeddi:

No,it's impossible,there is not such function to check current trade volume(depth of market volume) of the broker,

What about adding MqlTick volume according to flags?

Arthur Albano:

What about adding MqlTick volume according to flags?

So it is a structure that returns current prices(Ask,Bid,Volume....),refer to these docs : mqltick & symbolinfotick

Structure for Current Prices - Data Structures - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
Structure for Current Prices - Data Structures - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
This is a structure for storing the latest prices of the symbol. It is designed for fast retrieval of the most requested information about current prices.
Reason: